Strategic planning provides an opportunity to advance a learning culture that emphasizes and fosters the making of informed decisions in the short term about the best use of limited resources in order to position the institution to prosper and deliver maximum value to its many stakeholders in the future.
Accordingly, the Strategic Planning Committee has established the following desired outcomes:
- To create a greater sense of ownership and promote the accomplishment of the Rogers State University mission and commitments.
- To take into account the institution’s resource base in making plans for maintaining and strengthening the quality of the institution.
- To identify external trends and forces likely to affect the organization and its mission.
- To take into account the concerns and preferences of both internal and external stakeholders.
- To implement a broad-based and highly-participatory process.
- To require a candid examination of critical issues by key participants in order to develop common understanding and to build an ongoing commitment to the implementation and reevaluation of the plan.
Strategic Plan Steering Committee
- Dr. Larry Rice, Chair
- Dr. Richard Beck
- Dr. Frank Elwell
- Mr. David Hamby
- Dr. Heidi Hoskinson
- Dr. Steve Housel
- Mr. Daniel Marangoni
- Dr. Brent Marsh
- Dr. Keith Martin
- Mr. Mark Meadors
- Dr. Mary Millikin
- Mr. Maynard Phillips
- Mr. Brian Reeves
- Dr. Susan Willis
- Mr. Thomas Volturo
- Master Capital Plan 2014 (pdf)
- Strategic Plan 2010-2015 (pdf)
- Detailed Planning Model (docx)
- Planning Schematic (pdf)
- Priority Objectives Tracking (pdf)
- Strategic Planning Committee Presentation (pptx)
- Mission and Accreditation Presentation (pptx)
- Mission and Accreditation Presentation (pdf)
- HLC Handbook for Accreditation
- OSRHE Academic Affairs Policy and Procedures Handbook, Chapter 3 Academic Affairs
- Angelo, T. A. & Cross, P. K. (1993). Classroom assessment techniques: A handbook for college teachers. 2nd Ed. Jossey-Bass Publishers: San Francisco, CA.
- Rowley, D. J., Lujan, H. D., & Dolence, M. G. (1997). Strategic change in colleges and universities. Jossey-Bass Publishers: San Francisco, CA.