Baird HallFor U.S. Immigrant and Customs Enforcement (ICE) information on being a legal resident in the United States as an international student, review the ICE ten steps process.

If you live in a country other than the United States and would like to gain admission and enroll in classes at Rogers State University, please follow these easy steps:


Apply for admission.


Supply official transcripts from all schools attended.

  • Official high school transcript with English translation, if fewer than 24 US-equivalent college credit hours earned.
  • All official transcripts with an official stamp or seal on the documents from all current and previous colleges or universities attended and/or submit an attested copy verified by an authorized agency.
  • If the official transcript is issued by an institution in a language other than English, RSU requires the official, original language document as well as an official, or certified, English translation from an authorized credential evaluation service/agency.
  • Transfer students may also be asked to provide course syllabi and/or descriptions for evaluation.


Submit the Financial Guarantee for International Admission and provide proof of financial support in the form of a bank statement signed or stamped by a bank official. The bank statement must be no more than 90 days old when submitted and must show a liquid balance equaling at least the amount of the first year of expenses.

The more sources showing ability to pay, the better. Examples: sponsors, work references, letter from parent employer, or parent’s employer as a sponsor. Students’ work cannot be used as a source of income due to work being limited once enrolled.


Demonstrate English proficiency, if English is a second language, in one of the following ways:

  • Graduate from an accredited high school in one of the following countries: Anguilla; Antigua & Barbuda; Australia; Bahamas; Barbados; Belize (British Honduras); Bermuda; British Virgin Islands; Canada (except Quebec); Channel Islands; Dominica; Falkland Island; Grenada; Guam (U.S. Citizens); Guemsey; Guyana (not Ghana in Africa); Ireland; Jamaica; Jersey; Mauritius; Montserray; New Zealand; St. Kitts and Nevis (St. Christopher and Nevis); St. Lucia; St. Vincent and the Grenadines; South Africa; Trinidad and Tobago; Turks and Caicos Islands; United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland); U.S. Virgin Islands.
  • Official TOEFL score of 500+ on the written examination, or
  • Official TOEFL score of 173+ on the computerized examination, or
  • Official TOEFL score or 61+ on the Internet-based examination, or
  • Official TOEFL score of 460+ on the written examination, 140+ on the computerized examination or 48+ on the Internet-based examination and successful completion of a 12-week Intensive English Program (IEP) approved by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education to be immediately followed by enrollment at RSU, or
  • Official IELETS score of 5.5 overall band.


Submit all additional documentation, as follows:

  • Provide copies of visa and passport.
  • Submit proof of housing deposit for on-campus housing (get Housing & Dining information) or proof of other living arrangements.
  • Supply documentation of immunization against hepatitis B, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), or waiver to Student Health Center.
  • Understand that all international students are automatically enrolled in the International Insurance Plan if enrolled full-time.


After I-20 is received, submit completed I-901.

  • The I-20 form is the certificate from RSU of eligibility, proof you have been accepted into a full course of study at an approved institution in the United States.
  • After you have an I-20, you need to pay the SEVIS fee.
  • The I-901 shows you have paid the SEVIS fee ($200). You must print and keep this receipt.


Transfer students also must provide:

  • A valid I-94
  • A copy of all U.S. transfer transcripts
  • SEVIS Transfer Request Form (pdf)
  • A valid I-20 (Transfer students can provide, with written verification, a copy of the original I-20 from the transferring institution.)