|• B.S. Degree Plan 20-21 (pdf)
• Minor Degree Plans 20-21 (pdf)
B.S. Social Science: Psychology
“The department offers a lot of opportunities, like Mental Wealth Day, that help students see what is possible for their future. As students we conduct our own research and can present it at national conferences, which is a huge opportunity. Whenever I need help, want to talk about a theory or principle, or just need to talk, my professors are always there. They have gone above and beyond to assist not only in my success as a student, but also in my overall development as an individual. They’re really my greatest allies and biggest support for succeeding. At RSU, I feel like I’ve found a program that I am comfortable with and excel at.”
B.S. in Social Science
Option: Environmental Studies
The Bachelor of Science in Social Science degree is a multi-disciplinary degree that stresses competence in written and oral communications and scientific reasoning and thinking skills.
All students complete supervised internships and work experience.
The degree provides an excellent foundation for careers in general management, counseling, human services, health care, recreation, and law enforcement.
The degree also provides a solid foundation for professional or graduate studies.
- Environmental Studies
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate Interdisciplinary knowledge about issues related to diverse concepts and explanations of human behavior.
- Students will demonstrate the skills necessary to function effectively in civic engagement activities.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of research methodologies and their appropriate use in social sciences.
- Students will express satisfaction that their learning has been enhanced by community, cultural, and intellectual opportunities provided in the social science degree.
Department Mission: The mission of the Department of History and Political and the Department of Psychology, Sociology, and Criminal Justice is to assist students in developing knowledge and understanding of social and legal issues and to operate effectively in today’s legal, social and culturally diverse community.
Degree Program Mission: The program mission of the Department of History and Political Science and the Department of Psychology, Sociology and Criminal Justice is to provide a multi-disciplinary degree that stresses competence in written and oral communications and scientific reasoning and thinking skills.