- A Counselor’s Blog
- Calm Clinic for Your Anxiety & Panic: Information about anxiety and the treatment of anxiety from the perspective of someone who has anxiety
- Track Your Moods: Ever wondered if you are truly having mood swings? Mood24/7 can be used by anyone who wants to track his or her moods on a daily basis. It can be used in coordination with a physician or completely on your own and is a free service.
- Relaxation & Stress Management: Learning Meditation | Fragrant Heart
- Ulifeline.org/Half of Us: Websites that specifically address campus mental health issues and link students to resources. Half of Us is sponsored by MTV and includes videos of your favorite artists talking about how they’ve coped with mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Psych Central
- Anxiety Coach
- The Jed Foundation
GLBTQ: Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender Questioning Students
College is a time when some students question their sexuality and look for resources that will support them. The following are some recommended websites if you would like to information and/or support. These resources are generalized so if you would like to speak to the counselor after looking at the materials, please call 918-343-7845.
- GLAAD: The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
- The Human Rights Campaign
- The Trevor Project: Preventing Suicide Among LGBTQ youth
- PFLAG: Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
- The It Gets Better Project
- Live Happy, iCounselor, Personality Types, Optimism (free), & Happify (free)
Library Materials on Mental Health Related Topics
RSU’s Stratton Taylor Library has secured several resources on mental health that are recommended by members of the American College Counseling Association. These materials are available for check out by any RSU student, faculty or staff member.
|Conquering the Beast Within: How I Fought Depression and Won||Cait Irwin||RC 537 .I77 1998|
|Codependent No More||Melody Beattie||RC 569.5 .C63 B43 1987b|
|Motherless Daughters||Hope Edelman||BF 575 .D35 E34 1994|
|The Feeling Good Handbook||David Burns||RC 489 .C63 B87 1999|
|Reinventing Your Life||Jeffrey E. Young & Janet Klosko||RC 455.4 .S43 Y68 1993|
|When do the good things start?||Abraham Twerski||BF 637 .S4 T85 1995|
|I didn’t ask to be in this family||Abraham Twerski||BF 723 .S43 T94 1992|
|No More Test Anxiety||Ed Newman||LB 3060.57 .N48 1996|
|Adult Children of Alcoholics||Janet Woititz||HV 5132 .W62 1983B|
|Good Grief||Granger Westburg||BV 4905.2 .W45 2005|
|Two Happy Homes||Shirley Thomas||HQ 759.92 .T57 2005|
|Adult Children of Divorce||Jeffrey Zimmerman||HQ 777.5 .Z46 2003.|
|Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking back your life when someone you love has borderline personality disorder||Mason & Kreger||RC 569.5 .B67 M365 1998|
|The 5 Love Languages||Gary Chapman||HQ 734 .C466 1995|
|The Adult Student’s Guide to Survival and Success||Al Siebert & Bernadine Gilpin||Requested 10-20-09|
|The Mountain is High-Unless you take the elevator: Success Strategies for Adult Learners||Laurence Smith & Timothy Walter||LC 5225 .M47 S65 1991.|
|Ambiguous Loss: Learning to Live with Unresolved Grief||Pauline Boss||BF 575 .D35 B67 1999|
|I wasn’t ready to say Goodbye: Surviving, Coping, and healing after the sudden death of a loved one||Brook Noel||BF 575 .G7 N653 2008|
|Facing Codependence||Pia Mellody||RC 569.5 .C63 M45 2003|
|After the Affair: How Can I forgive you? The Courage to forgive, the freedom not to||Janis Spring||HQ 806 .S67 1996|
*Minds on Campus: Using interviews with a mother whose son committed suicide while at school, a college dean, a lawyer, two suicide prevention advocates and a psychiatrist, who until recently headed up the counseling center of a major Northeastern University, Minds on Campus explores the issues of increasing numbers of students with mental illness, the importance of confidentiality and knowing when to take action that universities nationwide are grappling with.