News & Highlights
About the Department
The Department of Technology and Justice Studies at Rogers State University combines technical know-how with the educational skills needed to succeed in a rapidly evolving workplace.
A degree in applied technology equips students to more quickly ascend into management or supervisory positions at technology firms, manufacturing companies, public sector organizations and more. A degree in justice administration provides students with specialized skills and knowledge needed to succeed in law enforcement, government, corrections and security.
Innovative degree programs combine aspects of business, communication and computer science to prepare students to excel in today’s information technology field. Faculty provide the highest level of instruction in technology, while providing the student with a solid foundation in business principles.
Students in the criminal justice program gain strong foundations in both law enforcement and judiciary practice. Program specializations can certify students to work as police officers or prepare students to attend top graduate schools.
Students with professional experience can get a head start on their applied technology degree. The associate of applied technology program allows students with at least 15 credit hours in technology, business or technical training to transfer up to 30 hours of college credit in a technical specialty.
- The B.S. in Justice Administration was recognized as one of 2015’s 50 Best Value Colleges for a Criminal Justice Degree by a national ranking firm.
- The B.S. in Business Information Technology emphasizes both business communication and technical skill, which allows students to work in various aspects of computer programming, computer networking, multimedia and software development.
- The Certificate in Career, Technology and Education is designed to meet educational and career goals in skilled trades, applied sciences, and modern technologies.
- The Certificate in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance will prepare you to take the CompTIA Security+ which meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements.
- Most programs are offered both traditionally and fully online. This allows students to choose to live on campus and attend traditional classes or take online classes from any place in the world.
Dr. Roy Gardner
Department Head and Associate Professor “Almost all businesses today are dependent on technology to keep operations running smoothly, and many of today’s most successful startups rely on a thorough understanding of technology. That’s why we offer a variety of associate and bachelor degrees that will prepare our students to succeed both personally and professionally.” More About Dr. Gardner
R. Curtis Sparling
Instructor “Computer and information technology is one of the fastest growing fields in the nation. The Department of Labor anticipates nearly half a million new jobs by 2024, which is faster than the average for all other occupations, and we are uniquely qualified to prepare students to work within this field. All of our faculty have prior experience in the subject they’re teaching and remain current with emerging technologies. As many of our students work full-time, they appreciate the flexibility our technology classes offer both on campus and online. At RSU, we truly value real-world experience and practical application of this growing field of study.” More About Mr. Sparling
Business Information Technology: Software Development & Multimedia Major “RSU has continually offered me opportunities I would not have had at other universities. The Honors Program has given me a wealth of knowledge and a greater appreciation for learning than I could have ever expected. The smaller class sizes and invested professors allowed me to connect with people who really know the subjects at hand. I also was able to be an intern through The Washington Center program. At my internship, I was able to get the type of knowledge you can only get from people who have the succeeded in the real world and are willing to turn around and help those behind them do the same.”