Keep People Informed. Entertain and Educate. Produce High-Quality Programming. Achieve Your Goals with a Broadcasting Degree From RSU.
Do you dream of a career helping viewers and listeners keep up with the ever-evolving world of news? Are you fascinated by what goes on behind scenes of your favorite television and radio programs? Earning a Bachelor of Arts in Communications with an emphasis on Broadcasting and New Media from Rogers State University is your key to entering the production booth and bringing news and entertainment to millions of people.
When you earn a broadcasting degree from RSU, you’ll enjoy exclusive access to state-of-the-art equipment and studios for recording and broadcasting content. Along with the hands-on experience you’ll get in courses, you can also work part-time in radio operations and television production to build an impressive resume before graduation.
Work with highly experienced broadcasting faculty. Master the tools of the trade. Make lasting personal and professional connections. RSU’s Communications major with an emphasis on broadcasting and new media will prepare you for exciting careers in industries like radio broadcasting and broadcasting news.
BA in Communications: Broadcasting Degree Features
There are so many benefits to being a Communications major at RSU. From engaging classes to a close-knit community to real-world experience, we have the resources and tools to help you develop into a broadcasting professional ready for primetime.
As a Communications major, you’ll enjoy:
- Individualized attention. Thanks to RSU’s small student-to-faculty ratio, you’ll get to work closely alongside faculty mentors in student-centered classes designed to guide you through every stage of media production and broadcasting.
- Experience that matters. Communications majors in the Broadcasting and New Media option work with professional clients in corporate media production and can even work part-time onsite with RSU Public Television and RSU Radio, earning valuable experience while making industry connections and building a robust resume.
- Distinguished faculty. Our broadcasting faculty have over 30 years of professional experience in commercial television and news media. They bring their expertise into the classroom to prepare you for the daily challenges and opportunities of broadcasting news and entertainment in the twenty-first century.
Broadcasting and New Media Degree Curriculum and Course Highlights
From radio broadcasting to news media in diverse platforms, the courses you’ll take as a Communications major at RSU will provide you with the knowledge and skills to excel in all facets of broadcasting. Every Communications student will build a foundational understanding of broadcasting and news media in courses covering topics such as media law and theory, writing for the media, and communicating globally.
With nine elective credits, you can further tailor your broadcasting degree to focus on specific topics within broadcasting and news media that interest you.
As a Communications major specializing in broadcasting you’ll dive into advanced topics, including:
- Video Production
- News Reporting
- Advanced Corporate Media
- Audio Production
For more information on requirements and courses in the broadcasting degree, check out RSU’s course catalog and Communications major degree sheet.
Why Choose RSU for Your BA in Communications: Broadcasting Degree?
Being a Communications major at RSU means more than receiving a world-class education. It also means developing the professional and personal confidence to make lasting impacts on your field and the world — whether that’s through broadcasting news that informs millions or creating engaging radio broadcasting.
Achieve more as a Communications major at RSU, thanks to:
- A thriving community. Your courses in the Broadcasting degree program will give you plenty of chances to collaborate with your fellow Communications majors on projects and broadcasting productions. You can also join the Student Broadcasting Association, which promotes professional growth through production contests and active learning environments.
- Professional Preparation. Prepare for careers in radio broadcasting and news media by developing your own projects, including broadcasting news, feature stories, and promotions with station equipment. Advanced Communications majors get the opportunity to work on high-definition digital productions.
- Real-World Applications. As a Communications major at RSU, you’ll not only learn the latest theories and methods for broadcasting news and news media, you’ll also learn how to apply them to the practice of electronic media production and radio broadcasting.
What Can You do With a Broadcasting Degree?
Being a Communications major at RSU unlocks the door to myriad exciting career paths in industries like broadcasting news and radio broadcasting. Thanks to experiential learning opportunities with cutting-edge equipment and tools, you’ll have the expertise to stand out both on the job market and on the job.
RSU Communications majors have the skill sets to pursue careers as:
- News anchors
- Radio talk show hosts
- Journalists and reporters
- Mediation specialists
- Public speakers
Financial Aid for the BA in Communications: Broadcasting Degree
Devoting your education and career to keeping others informed and knowledgeable about the latest events and news is an important investment of your time and energy. That’s why we invest in you and your academic success with financial aid and scholarships — made possible by a legacy of generous donors and alumni committed to helping aspiring broadcasting professionals like you on the journey to impacting news media.
Programs Related to the Broadcasting Degree Option
If you’re interested in becoming a Communications major at RSU, you may want to learn more about these similar undergraduate programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications: Communication Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications: Broadcasting and New Media
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Arts
Earn a Broadcasting Degree Today and Prepare for a Meaningful Career
Are you ready to master the skills and equipment to succeed as a broadcasting news or radio broadcasting professional? Interested in learning more about how you can impact news media globally? Request info, visit campus, or apply today to start your Hillcat journey.
Mathew Rahn, B.A. Communications
“A Communications degree has a lot of career options. One of the strengths of the Communication program at RSU is the technology that we have access to. The experience you get working with software, cameras, editing bays and production studios helps enrich the educational process, and you can apply those skills to real-life situations. Everything you learn in the program will help you excel no matter where you go. If you’re not sure what degree you want, Communications is a great place to start.”