B.S. in Nursing (RN2BSN)
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Apply concepts from the liberal arts, social sciences, and nursing science to build an understanding of the human experience in preparation of providing culturally appropriate nursing practice. Develop a systematic approach to collect, organize and analyze objective and subjective assessment data.
- Practice accountable leadership and communication skills to promote patient safety and quality improvement initiatives in the provision of safe, high quality nursing care.
- Incorporate research-based information to guide clinical decision-making in the provision of evidence-informed care delivery.
- Demonstrate skilled inter- and intra-professional communication and collaboration using all modalities including health care technologies, to enhance patient-centered care and health outcomes.
- Evaluate the implications of health care policy using an ethical framework on issues of access, equity, affordability, and justice in health care delivery.
- Advocate for social justice and implement principles to provide spiritually and culturally appropriate health promotion, disease and injury prevention interventions across the lifespan in diverse populations.
- Appraise the core values of professionalism through demonstration of caring and upholding ethical standards in the continuum of healthcare environments.