August 12-15, 2020
Dr. Carolyn Taylor Center
RSU Claremore Campus
Important: Please check-in for Hillcamp at the Dr. Carolyn Taylor Center first, then proceed to Residential Life for move-in if applicable.
Enter the Jungle
Hillcamp is four-day orientation held before classes in August. Planned and produced for students by students, this event is designed to help new students prepare for their college experience and give them the tools to be successful in college.
Held on the beautiful Rogers State University Claremore campus, Hillcamp is the best way to start building relationships and getting plugged in to your new life as a Hillcat.
While attending Hillcamp, you will meet fellow new Hillcats, current students, faculty and staff in a fun, success-oriented environment.
Please Note: Students living off campus will need to determine their living arrangements prior to Hillcamp. Hillcamp will provide everything else for students living off campus. For those commuters interested in temporary on-campus housing during Hillcamp (which entails a nominal fee), select that option during the online registration process.
Attending Hillcamp at RSU will help you make a successful transition from high school to college. If you are transferring from a previous college, Hillcamp will help you transition seamlessly to university life at RSU.
Here a just a few of the benefits that Hillcamp offers:
- On-campus housing move-in if applicable
- Establish connections with faculty and staff
- Develop a strong sense of school spirit and what it means to be a Hillcat
- Learn about the expectations of academic and social life on campus
- Get to know other students
- Learn your way around campus
- Find out about important dates and events
- Learn about all the different activities and organizations on campus and in the community
- Learn how to financially survive
- Get real information from current students
- Find out about what services are offered from different departments across campus
- Become the newest member of the #HillcatNation
The following items are some suggestions of what you should bring with you to Hillcamp.
- Shorts, T-shirts, Jeans, Extra change of clothes
- Socks and Tennis Shoes (closed toed shoes are required for some activities)
- Swimsuit and Flip-flops for pool party (optional)
- Towels for pool party and bathing
- Raincoat and Umbrella (weather dependent)
- Sunscreen, Bug Repellent and Water Bottle for outdoor activities
Cost & Payment
- $60 per student (Includes Student Planner, T-Shirt, & Activities)
- Commuter student option: $36 for three-night housing
Advance Registration (Preferred):
- Login to MyRSU
- Select “Campus Life” from the top blue menu bar
- Click on “Hillcamp Registration Form”
Refunds: Cancellations must be made by email to [email protected] and must include the student’s name and RSU student ID number. Cancellations for Hillcamp are fully refundable if submitted prior to August 1. Cancellations received on or after August 1 will be prorated 50%.
If you have questions or need any additional information about Hillcamp, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Madison Dun, Hillcamp Co-Director