Hillcamp New Student Orientation
Hillcamp is a four-day new student orientation held in August before classes start.
August 11-14, 2021
Planned and produced for students by students!
Hillcamp is designed to help new students prepare for their college experience and give them the tools to be successful in college.
Held on the beautiful Rogers State University Claremore campus, Hillcamp is the best way to start building relationships and getting plugged in to your new life as a Hillcat.
While attending Hillcamp, you will meet fellow new Hillcats, current students, faculty and staff in a fun, success-oriented environment.
Attending Hillcamp at RSU will help you make a successful transition from high school to college. If you are transferring from a previous college, Hillcamp will help you transition seamlessly to university life at RSU.
Students living off campus will need to determine their living arrangements prior to Hillcamp. Hillcamp will provide everything else for students living off campus.
Here a just a few of the benefits that Hillcamp offers:
- On-campus housing move-in if applicable
- Establish connections with faculty and staff
- Develop a strong sense of school spirit and what it means to be a Hillcat
- Learn about the expectations of academic and social life on campus
- Get to know other students
- Learn your way around campus
- Find out about important dates and events
- Learn about all the different activities and organizations on campus and in the community
- Learn how to financially survive
- Get real information from current students
- Find out about what services are offered from different departments across campus
- Become the newest member of the #HillcatNation
The following items are some suggestions of what you should bring with you to Hillcamp.
- Hand sanitizer and masks/face shields
- Shorts, T-shirts, Jeans, Extra change of clothes
- Socks and Tennis Shoes (closed toed shoes are required for some activities)
- Raincoat and Umbrella (weather dependent)
- Sunscreen, Bug Repellent and Water Bottle for outdoor activities
Watch the 2019 Hillcamp Video
If you have questions or need any additional information about Hillcamp, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Student Activities Coordinator