Launch your Chemical Engineer career at RSU!
Ignite your passion for innovation and launch your future in a fast-growing field with Rogers State University’s Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering. Our comprehensive chemical engineering degree empowers you with the knowledge and skill set for successful careers in a broad range of diverse areas, including:
- Research and product development in Oklahoma’s traditional petrochemical industry
- Emerging industries in biomedical engineering, nanotechnology, and fuel cells
Gain hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art labs, refine your critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and learn to collaborate with others to tackle complex challenges. Our chemical engineering program also offers internship, research, and study abroad opportunities to enhance your learning experience, build practical skills, and gain a global perspective that will set you apart in the workforce.
Join us on our vibrant Claremore campus and launch your exciting journey toward becoming a chemical engineer.
B.S. in Chemical Engineering Curriculum Highlights
As a chemical engineering major, you’ll benefit from a meticulously crafted curriculum that blends interdisciplinary education in engineering, chemical sciences, and engineering design.
Upon graduation, you’ll be well prepared to:
- Solve complex engineering problems.
- Apply engineering design principles to produce solutions that meet specified needs, with consideration for public health, safety, and welfare.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments.
- Function effectively as part of a team.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experiments, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, employing appropriate learning strategies.
Chemical Engineering Program Features
Our B.S. in Chemical Engineering offers a comprehensive learning approach, combining foundational concepts with real-world applications. As a chemical engineering major, you will:
- Master the fundamentals: Dive deep into core chemical engineering concepts like thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and reaction kinetics through lectures, labs, and project-based learning.
- Gain real-world experience: Apply your knowledge in our state-of-the-art chemical engineering lab equipped for top-notch experiments.
- Shape your future: Choose electives in emerging fields like nanotechnology and fuel cells to align your chemical engineering degree with your interests.
- Receive personalized support: Benefit from small class sizes with dedicated faculty who know you by name, offering one-on-one guidance and mentorship.
- Gain a global perspective: Expand your horizons through study abroad opportunities and gain valuable intercultural skills.
Why choose RSU for your chemical engineering degree?
As a chemical engineering major at RSU, you’ll experience all the benefits of studying at a large university with the personal attention of a smaller college. Here’s what sets RSU apart from other schools:
- Faculty who know you by name. Experience our student-first approach in your chemical engineering courses. Most of our courses have fewer than 25 students, with some labs limited to 15–20 students. Our faculty have experience in both the classroom and field environments, providing you with a well-rounded education and diverse career prep.
- Real-world experience. Learn in a B.S. in chemical engineering program that offers opportunities for research and field experience. These hands-on opportunities equip you with vital experience for your chemical engineer career.
- Investment in your success. From helping you avoid heavy student debt to approachable faculty mentors, RSU is committed to your success as a chemical engineering major and a Hillcat.
What can you do with a chemical engineering degree?
Nationally, chemical engineer career opportunities are projected to grow 8 percent over the next decade, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). However, the outlook is even more promising in Oklahoma, with a projected growth of 21 percent.
Our B.S. in Chemical Engineering meets these evolving industry demands by equipping you with the latest skills and knowledge to excel in many entry-level opportunities, including:
- Analytical chemist
- Chemical engineer
- Chemical plant operator
- Chemical technician
- Environmental engineer
- Field engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Petroleum engineer
- Process/production engineer
In addition to the favorable job growth outlook, chemical engineer careers also boast lucrative earning potential. Specifically, according to BLS wage data, Oklahoma stands out among the top states in this field, with a median annual salary of $131,020.
Financial Aid for Chemical Engineering Degree Students
At RSU, we’re committed to ensuring our students can pursue a chemical engineering degree regardless of their financial situation. We offer several scholarships for incoming RSU students to help cover the cost of attending college. Chemical engineering students can also apply for endowments in the STEM disciplines.
Programs Related to the B.S. in Chemical Engineering
Not sure if the chemical engineering degree is right for you? Explore these other programs for aspiring STEM professionals at RSU:
Invest in your future with RSU’s chemical engineering degree!
There’s no limit to what you can do with a chemical engineering degree. Request information, apply to RSU, or visit campus today to start your journey toward professional and academic growth!
Dakotah Eaton, B.S. in Chemical Engineering
“My instructors are extremely helpful, and I’m excited to be part of the new chemical engineering program. I feel like this program is one that’s going to have a huge impact, not just on me and in my life, but for this whole area”