Dr. Cathy Kennemer
Department Head and Associate Professor
“I think one of the greatest strengths of the business department is the diversity in the classroom. We have students from all ages and backgrounds in classes together. The best discussions are often between traditional and non-traditional students because each group helps the other see the world in a new way.”
More About Dr. Kennemer
About the Department
The Department of Business at Rogers State University offers dynamic business degree programs designed to prepare you for success in today’s competitive business climate. Students can expect a focus on individual instruction and hands-on learning, both of which can be supplemented with real-world internships at area businesses.
Why Choose Business at RSU?
A business degree from RSU provides students with a thorough understanding of business principles and equips them with specialized industry knowledge and skills. Students graduate ready to enter the workforce or pursue graduate education.
Business classes provide students with the flexibility they need to pursue both personal and professional goals. Classes are offered day, night and online to accommodate both traditional and non-traditional students’ schedules, with some programs offered entirely online.
Students also have the opportunity to join Sigma Beta Delta, an international honors society that offers its members fellowships, internships, networking opportunities, and recognition of academic achievements.
- Business students can choose to specialize in in-demand fields, including accounting, entrepreneurship, management and sport management.
- Supply chain management is in demand in local manufacturing and business hubs such as MidAmerica Industrial Park, the Port of Catoosa and manufacturing centers in Owasso.
- The business department incorporates SAP software training in operations and management classes to provide students with an in-house educational certification.
- The MBA program offers 8-week classes and five entry points per year, with the opportunity to complete the program in 18-months.
- Business students have the opportunity to intern at ConocoPhillips, Mondelez International, Cherokee Nation Enterprises, HydroHoist, and other local businesses and non-profits.
“Business gives students the opportunity to learn practical skills that will be useful in their personal and professional lives, and every organization relies on those skills. A degree in business can appeal to students who are interested in creativity, leadership, efficiency, strategy, accountability, productivity, and more.
The business department has faculty members with both real-world experience and strong academic research backgrounds, and they work as a team to create student success. Business degrees are very pragmatic, and can help students creatively explore how to turn their passion and learning into a sustainable career.” More About Dr. Gray
“RSU has continually offered me opportunities I would not have had at other universities. The Honors Program has given me a wealth of knowledge and a greater appreciation for learning than I could have ever expected. The smaller class sizes and invested professors allowed me to connect with people who really know the subjects at hand.
I also was able to be an intern through The Washington Center program. At my internship, I was able to get the type of knowledge you can only get from people who have the succeeded in the real world and are willing to turn around and help those behind them do the same.”