If at all possible, students who need writing help should visit the Writing Center in person. However, we recognize that students often have busy schedules outside of their regular coursework. We offer several options (synchronous and asynchronous) for students who cannot meet in-person. In addition, our online appointments serve Pryor and Bartlesville students.
NOTE: When conducting business with the Writing Center, always use your RSU student email account!
We offer appointments through the following platforms:
- Video calls/chat on Skype or Google Hangouts
- Telephone calls
- Instant messenger (Gchat)
To use email:
- Schedule your email appointment on Setmore
- Send [email protected]:
- A copy of your paper
- A copy of your assignment sheet
- Specific questions or concerns you would like the consultant to address
- Send your documents at least a half hour before your appointment time.
- The consultant will review your paper and attach comments and suggestions and email it back to you at the end of the scheduled appointment. If you have questions or need clarification on comments left by a consultant, feel free to reply and the consultant will be happy to continue the conversation!
We will ask you the following:
- your name
- Skype name/number
- instructor’s name
- course name
- details of the paper
- due date
After we agree on an appointment time, we will ask you to email a copy of the paper draft and assignment sheet to [email protected]. For security reasons, you will need to email us from your RSU student email account.
To use Skype: