B.S. in Nursing (Traditional Nursing)
The Traditional BSN program curriculum incorporates classroom, laboratory, and clinical learning creating a rich educational experience.
- Admission Requirements
- Program Prerequisites
- Ranking Criteria
- Steps to Apply
Admission to Traditional BSN Program is competitive. Entry into the program will take place biannually in both fall and spring semesters. Applications will be available as follows:
- Fall admission: November 1 - February 1
- Spring admission: April 1 - July 1
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be accepted to Rogers State University (Apply for RSU Admission).
- A reading score of one of the following. The reading score requirement will be waived for applicants with existing bachelor's degrees.
- ACT Reading 19
- RSU Reading Accuplacer 75
- RSU Next-Gen 250
- Nelson Deny 13
- TEAS Score of "proficient"
- All academic deficiencies must be cleared, including Computer Science. Computer Science may be achieved through Advanced Standing or successfully passing CS 1113 Microcomputer Applications with a grade of “C” or better.
- English proficiency requirement of non-native English speakers must have a TOEFL score of 85 or higher on the internet-based (TOEFL iBT) with a sub-score of 26 for speaking.
- GPA of a 2.5 in all required prerequisite coursework, and no less than a grade of “C” in any prerequisite nursing course.
The following courses are required for admissions to the BSN program. Applicants should have at least 67 total credit hours completed prior to entering nursing program.
|Prerequisite Courses||Recommended RSU Course Code|
|Composition I (3 credit hours)||ENGL 1113|
|Composition II (3 credit hours)||ENGL 1213|
|Speech Communication (3 credit hours)||SPCH 1113|
|U.S. History (3 credit hours)||HIST 2483 or HIST 2493|
|U.S. Federal Government (3 credit hours)||POLS 1113|
|Intro. to Psychology (3 credit hours)||PSY 1113|
|Principles of Chemistry (4-5 credit hours with lab component)||CHEM 1104|
|General Cellular Biology or Biology for Majors (4 credit hours with lab component)||BIOL 1144|
|Statistics (3 credit hours)||MATH 1413|
|Humanities (6 credit hours total)||See RSU bulletin for accepted courses|
|Global study (3 credit hours)||See RSU bulletin for accepted courses|
|General education elective (3 credit hours)||See RSU bulletin for accepted courses|
|Microbiology (4-5 credit hours with lab component)||BIOL 2124|
|Human Anatomy (4-5 credit hours with lab component)||BIOL 2285|
|Physiology (4-5 credit hours with lab component)||BIOL 3204|
|Nutrition (3 credit hours)||NUTR 1113|
|Developmental or Lifespan Psychology (3 credit hours)||PSY 3033|
|Introduction to Nursing (2 credit hours with lab component)^||NURS 2112—must be taken at RSU|
|Electives (5 credit hours)||UNIV 1152 may count towards elective hours.
CS 1113 is required if computer proficiency is not already satisfied.
^Introduction to Nursing is not required for LPN/Paramedic students (Bridge to Traditional BSN).
- Six pre-requisite courses—individual grade and completion points will be awarded. Must be complete by the end of the fall semester before your program year in order to receive grade and completion points.
- General Cellular Biology
- College Algebra
- Development Psychology
- Pre-requisite GPA of the applicant broken down in the following chart with points declining each section.
- There will be bonus points awarded for five pre-requisite courses if taken at RSU.
- General Cellular Biology
- Eng. Composition I
- There will be points awarded for the completion of a previous degree.
- There will be additional points awarded for the following courses:
- Composition I
- There will be a deduction for not having all materials turned in by the deadline.
You must first be accepted to Rogers State University before you can apply to the RSU Nursing Program. Apply for RSU Admission.
After being admitted to RSU, you are eligible to apply to the Traditional BSN Program. Entry into the program is biannually in fall and spring semesters. All transcripts must be submitted to be considered for admission. Before starting the application below, you will be prompted to create an account. Be sure to save your progress if you are unable to complete it all at once.
Fall admission: November 1 - February 1
Spring admission: April 1 - July 1
- Spring application will be available here on April 1, 2022.
Attended a nursing program before? Reapply below.
If you have attended any nursing program leading to RN licensure, including Rogers State University, from which you did not graduate (See Nursing Student Handbook). You must complete a readmission application. Readmission applications are accepted at any time.
Current Student Information
- Laptop Computer Requirements
- Student Handbook
- Student Release of Information
Traditional BSN Program Laptop Computer Requirements Policy
Students must have a personal laptop computer for use during the nursing program. Uses of the computer include, but are not limited to: examination taking, online quizzes, assignment submission using Office Suite products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), doing internet database research and accessing RSU’s learning management system.
The following guidelines should be followed when selecting a laptop computer.
- Operating System: 32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Windows 10
- Only genuine, U.S.-English versions of Windows Operating Systems
- CPU Processor: 1.86Ghz Intel Core i3 Duo or higher
- RAM: 8 GB
- Hard Drive: 1GB of available space
- Microsoft .Net 4.5 Framework installed
- Screen Resolution must be 1024x768 or higher
- No tablet devices other than Surface Pro
- CPU = Intel processor
- RAM = 8 GB
- Hard Drive = 1 GB or higher free disk space
- Supported operating Systems: macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave),10.15.7 (Catalina) and 11.3 (Bog Sur)
- Server version of Mac OS X is not supported
Student may not us iPads or other tablets.
Students may purchase laptops from any reliable seller or the RSU Bookstore - some are available in the store; others must be ordered online. In most cases, students may use financial aid for computer purchases. It is the student’s responsibility to verify their financial aid options. See laptops at the RSU bookstore.
RSU students may get the Office 365 Suite for free with their RSU email address.
RSU nursing students in the Traditional BSN program (including LPN/Paramedic Bridge program) must adhere to the BSN Student Handbook 2021-2022 (pdf).
The Student Release of Information Form (pdf) should be submitted to the Records Specialist in the Department of Health Sciences at Rogers State University.
The student should allow for a MINIMUM of five (5) working dys for processing the document. The Student must complete ONE (1) form per request. All requested information must be provided.
Nursing Advising Information
For academic advising, Schedule an Appointment with Noel Cleveland, Academic Advising Specialist.