- Admission Requirements
- Program Prerequisites
- Ranking Criteria
- Steps to Apply
Admission to Traditional BSN Program is competitive. Entry into the program will take place biannually in both fall and spring semesters. Applications will be available as follows:
- Fall admission: November 1 - February 1
- Spring admission: April 1 - July 1
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be accepted to Rogers State University (Apply for RSU Admission).
- A reading score of one of the following. The reading score requirement will be waived for applicants with existing bachelor's degrees.
- ACT Reading 19
- RSU Reading Accuplacer 75
- RSU Next-Gen 250
- Nelson Deny 13
- TEAS Score of 75 or greater
- If English is not your first language, you were born outside of the U.S. (including naturalized U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and international applicants), or you were born in a U.S. territory where English is not the first language, you are required to demonstrate English language proficiency before admission with either a minimum TOEFL score of 85 (TOEFL iBT) with speaking sub-score of 26 or Duolingo English Test score or 107.
- GPA of at least 2.5 in all required prerequisite coursework, and no less than a grade of 'C' in any prerequisite courses. Introduction to Nursing (NURS 2112) is a program prerequisite course that must be completed prior to starting the program.
The following courses are required for admission to the BSN program. Applicants should have at least 64 total credit hours completed prior to entering the nursing program.
|Prerequisite Courses||Recommended RSU Course Code|
|Composition I (3 credit hours)||ENGL 1113|
|Composition II (3 credit hours)||ENGL 1213|
|Speech Communication (3 credit hours)||SPCH 1113|
|U.S. History (3 credit hours)||HIST 2483 or HIST 2493|
|U.S. Federal Government (3 credit hours)||POLS 1113|
|Intro. to Psychology (3 credit hours)||PSY 1113|
|Principles of Chemistry (4-5 credit hours with lab component)||CHEM 1104|
|General Cellular Biology or Biology for Majors (4 credit hours with lab component)||BIOL 1144|
|Statistics (3 credit hours)||MATH 1413|
|Humanities (6 credit hours total)||See RSU bulletin for accepted courses|
|Global study (3 credit hours)||See RSU bulletin for accepted courses|
|General education elective (3 credit hours)||See RSU bulletin for accepted courses|
|Microbiology (4-5 credit hours with lab component)||BIOL 2124|
|Human Anatomy (4-5 credit hours with lab component)||BIOL 2285|
|Physiology (4-5 credit hours with lab component)||BIOL 3204|
|Nutrition (3 credit hours)||NUTR 1113|
|Developmental or Lifespan Psychology (3 credit hours)||PSY 3033|
|Introduction to Nursing (2 credit hours with lab component)^||NURS 2112—must be taken at RSU prior to starting the nursing program
|Electives (2 credit hours)||UNIV 1152 may count towards elective hours.|
^Introduction to Nursing is not required for LPN/Paramedic students (Bridge to Traditional BSN).
- There will be points awarded for having the following courses already completed at the time of application (courses may still be in progress when applying) and points awarded for the grade earned in each course.
- General Cellular Biology
- Development Psychology
- Introduction to Nursing
- Introduction to Statistics
- There will be points awarded for the prerequisite GPA of the applicant, broken down into the following ranges.
- There will be points awarded for taking any of the following prerequisite courses at RSU.
- General Cellular Biology
- Eng. Composition I
- There will be points awarded for the completion of a previous degree.
- There will be additional points awarded for the following courses:
- Composition I
- Any applicant that does not have all documentation related to the application turned in by the application deadline will be deemed ineligible and will not be ranked.
Step One - Get Admitted to RSU:
You must first be accepted to Rogers State University before you can apply to the RSU Nursing Program.
Submit RSU Admission Application
Step Two - Apply to the BSN Program:
After being admitted to RSU, you are eligible to apply to the Traditional BSN Program. Entry into the program is biannually in fall and spring semesters. All transcripts must be submitted to be considered for admission. Before starting the application below, you will be prompted to create an account. Be sure to save your progress if you are unable to complete it all at once.
Spring admission: April 1 - July 1
Fall admission: November 1 - February 1
- Fall application has closed and will open again November 1
Attended a nursing program before? Reapply below.
If you have attended any nursing program leading to RN licensure, including Rogers State University, from which you did not graduate, you are considered as a readmission applicant. Please see the Nursing Student Handbook. Complete the application above for the semester in which you wish to be readmitted (fall/spring) and select “yes” on the first question regarding Admission Type.
Nursing Advising Information
For academic advising, Schedule an Appointment with Noel Cleveland, Academic Advising Specialist.