Nursing Program Laptop Computer Requirements Policy
Students must have a personal laptop computer for use during the nursing program. Uses of the computer include, but are not limited to: examination taking, online quizzes, assignment submission using Office Suite products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), doing internet database research and accessing RSU’s learning management system.
The following guidelines should be followed when selecting a laptop computer.
PC Requirements: (recommended over Mac)
- Operating System: 32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Windows 10
- Only genuine, U.S.-English versions of Windows Operating Systems
- CPU Processor: 1.86Ghz Intel Core i3 Duo or higher
- RAM: 8 GB
- Hard Drive: 1GB of available space
- Microsoft .Net 4.5 Framework installed
- Screen Resolution must be 1024×768 or higher
- No tablet devices
- CPU = Intel processor
- RAM = 8 GB
- Hard Drive = 1 GB or higher free disk space
- Supported operating Systems: macOS 12.3.1 (Monterey),10.15.7 (Catalina) and 11.3 (Big Sur)
- Server version of Mac OS X is not supported
Please Note: Students may not use iPads, Chromebooks or other tablet-type products- these will not run the required testing software.
Prior to purchase, please check for minimum operating system and software recommendations at https://examsoft.com/resources/examplify-minimum-system-requirements/#mac28
Students may purchase laptops from any reliable seller or the RSU Bookstore – some are available in the store; others must be ordered online. See laptops at the RSU bookstore.
Financial Aid: In most cases, students may use financial aid for computer purchases. It is the student’s responsibility to verify their financial aid options.
RSU students may get the Office 365 Suite for free with their RSU email address.