In service to our students and out of respect for one another, Rogers State University is implementing new operational procedures to prioritize health and safety as we return to traditional in-person instruction for the fall semester.
As we navigate this transition, we will continue to act with care and understanding. We will exercise caution and adapt our operations based upon developing data and the guidance of health authorities.
This site will serve as a centralized, evolving resource for our Fall 2020 plans. Please visit frequently for the latest information on campus operations.
Together, We Will:
- Properly wear mask or facial covering over both the nose and mouth.
- Respect personal space and practice social distancing.
- Practice good hygiene, washing hands regularly and avoiding touching face.
- Monitor personal health and take temperature daily before arriving at campus.
- Stay at home if sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Health Guidelines for the RSU Campus Community
It is expected that every member of the RSU community take personal responsibility in following recommended guidelines, policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Practicing good hygiene, washing hands regularly and avoiding touching your face.
- Monitoring personal health and taking temperature daily before arriving at campus.
- Respecting personal space and practicing social distancing; allowing six feet between others if at all possible.
- Properly wearing mask or facial covering over both the nose and mouth.
- Remaining at home when sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Masks are now mandatory on all Rogers State University campuses to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Effective immediately and until further notice, all RSU students, employees, and visitors are required to wear a mask inside University buildings and outdoors on campus when a social distance of at least six feet is not possible. This new policy provides exceptions under certain circumstances. Failure to wear a mask will result in appropriate employee and student conduct actions.
Please be safe and courteous by following these best practices:
- Wearing a mask when entering and exiting all buildings.
- Wearing a mask when walking through hallways and common spaces.
- Wearing a mask when using shared spaces such as meeting rooms, resource rooms, bathrooms, and break rooms.
Resources and Guidance
The Office of Student Affairs has developed Safety Guidelines for Students. This includes general guidelines for conduct, campus activities, and regulation enforcement. The guidelines can viewed in their entirety through linked .PDF file below.
In the event that RSU receives confirmation that a student or employee has tested positive for COVID-19, important measures will be promptly taken including quarantine or isolation, contact tracing and facility disinfection.
Students and Employees who are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should:
- Stay Home: Isolate yourself to promote the health of others.
- Let Us Know: Complete the Reporting Tool on the COVID-19 Tab on MyRSU.
- Seek Medical Attention: Consult with your primary care physician.
As is required under federal law, the University is prohibited from disclosing information about student health. In general, if any member of the RSU community tests positive for COVID-19, in keeping with Oklahoma State Department of Health procedures, contact tracers will notify all those who came in contact with the positive individual.
RSU Physical Plant provides touch-point cleaning and disinfecting daily in campus buildings and multiple times daily within areas of increased-use or higher risk. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations are located throughout campus.
The Office of Communications and Marketing will continuously educate and inform the campus with regards to new safety protocols. This includes emails, website updates, campus signage and social media posts to ensure the RSU community is aware of social distancing, the use of face coverings, proper cleaning and hand hygiene and other COVID-19 protocols.
Academic Delivery of On-Campus Courses and Support
Every effort is being made for faculty to maximize in-person instruction for all students this fall. It is especially important that many first-year classes be taught face-to-face with social distancing maintained. However, hybrid and online options may be used to accommodate challenges in scheduling. In all cases, faculty should remain socially distanced from students while teaching.
All traditional on-ground classes will move to remote instruction following Thanksgiving break. Students will complete their last week of instruction and final exams remotely. The end of the fall instructional period is December 4. Final exams are scheduled for the week of December 7.
Campus Life Facilities
The student housing plan includes reducing or rearranging shared spaces, increased frequency of cleaning, acquisition of specialized disinfecting equipment and dedicated rooms reserved for student quarantine, if necessary. Accommodations for vulnerable populations will be provided.
The Office of Residential Life has developed new move-in procedures. Students living on campus will receive ongoing updates through their student email account.
For questions or inquiries, contact the Office of Residential Life or call 918-343-7865.
University Dining Services has reduced the capacity for seating to allow for social distancing within RSU dining facilities. See all Dining Services Fall 2020 Operational Procedures.
Student services and university dining will be open and available. Large events and gatherings in the conference rooms and ball rooms will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to adhere to social distancing guidelines.