“A Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts degree offers insight into what makes us human, helps to hone and enhance critical thinking and critical analysis skills, and opens up new avenues of communication skills, both oral and written. The foundation of all success is based on communication, thinking, and the synthesis of new and old ideas – a BALA degree is that foundation.”
More About Dr. Mackie
English and Humanities studies allow students both freedom and flexibility in pursuing their personal and career goals while opening up opportunities for a wide range of extracurricular college and community activities.
English and Humanities provide students with the opportunity for a wide range of extracurricular college and community activities.
The interdisciplinary programs allow students both freedom and flexibility in pursuing their personal and career goals.
Students are engaged in a variety of learning areas, including multimedia classrooms, traditional classrooms, and alternative learning spaces.
English and Humanities prepares graduates with a broad spectrum of knowledge that allows them to work in a variety of fields.
- The department offers six Liberal Arts minors; Creative Writing, English, Humanities, Philosophy, Spanish, and Technical Writing.
- The department includes the RSU Writing Center, which provides students with computers, a printer, a white board, small group tables, composition manuals, paper reviews, and tutor support.
- English and Humanities faculty are published authors, with several having written or contributed to more than one publication in the last five years.
- The department publishes Cooweescoowee, an annual literary journal that involves students in the editorial process.
- The Bachelor of General Studies, also housed in English and Humanities, provides students with a rigorous alternative to a specialized education in a single discipline. Students select three minors from dozens offered. It is an excellent option for students with eclectic tastes.