Boy and girl standing in front of statue

Traffic Laws

Rogers State University has adopted the State of Oklahoma’s Traffic Codes, the City of Claremore’s Traffic Codes, and has a working relationship with the Rogers County District Attorney’s Office and the City of Claremore dealing with traffic violations. An RSU Police Officer can issue an RSU citation, City citation, or County citation.


All vehicles on campus must be registered with the Hillcat Card Office and display a parking (hang tag) permit in the vehicle.

Special Event Parking: When planning special events to be held on the RSU campus it is sometimes necessary to arrange for reserved parking. If reserved parking is needed, please download and complete the Special Event Parking Request (pdf).

If the reserved parking request is approved you are responsible for the following:

  • Coordinate the printing of signs with the Print Shop.
  • Send copy to Chief of Campus Police.
  • Coordinate the placing of signs with the Physical Plant.
  • Send out highlighted maps with route and lot location to event participants.