|• A.A. Degree Plan 20-21 (pdf)|
A.A. in Accounting
The Associate in Arts in Accounting degree is designed for those students who are interested in a career in accounting.
The program provides the knowledge and skills for preparing graduates:
- to gain immediate entry-level employment in accounting
- to advance in other business-related careers
- to transfer to a four-year program
Students study reconciling and balancing accounts, compiling reports, and managing accounts payable and accounts receivable. Numerous other financial and managerial accounting topics are included in this plan of study.
Kara McCoy ’16, B.S. Business Administration: Accounting
General Ledger Accountant for Orchids Paper Company
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate knowledge of functional accounting skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of functional business communications skills.
- Analyze the local, regional, national, and global business environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the liberal arts area of general education.
Department Mission: The Department of Business prepares students to achieve professional and personal goals in dynamic and global communities.
Degree Program Mission: The Associate in Arts in Accounting is designed to meet the continuing demand for majors who understand the function of business and can utilize those functions in the business workplace.