Rogers State University offers a co-curricular program in theatre, which allows communications majors and budding thespians to participate in a variety of productions each year.
Students serve as playwrights, actors, and directors.
What can RSU Theatre do for you?
- Educate students to become critical and creative thinkers
- Offer students opportunities to collaborate creatively
- Help students learn through experience
- Develop students’ verbal and nonverbal expression
- Cultivate students’ senses, physicality, and intellect to explore ideas, raise questions, and solve problems
- Encourage students to become advocates of the arts and to participate in the cultural life of RSU, Claremore, and the greater Northeastern Oklahoma region
RSU’s approach to the study and presentation of theatre is:
- Dedicated to students. Seasons will reflect the educational goals of the charter and seek to explore the world.
- Dedicated to new work. Seasons will focus on new plays, new interpretations of classic plays, and innovative staging.
- Dedicated to variety. Seasons will contain a mix of full-length productions, shorter work, and readings to appeal to students’ varied commitment levels. Seasons will appeal to a variety of populations as well as the general public.
Dr. David Blakely, Theatre Director and Associate Professor is a native Oklahoman. He is an accomplished playwright, having written almost two dozen dramas, comedies and musicals staged across the nation. Dr. Blakely has experience in most aspects of theatre, including set, light and sound design.