The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) serves traditionally under-represented individuals by preparing them for success in post-secondary education. We provide educational outreach services by providing personal attention in earning a GED and enrollment assistance to any college, university or career technology center nation-wide.
EOC has helped thousands of students in Oklahoma apply for school and obtain the Pell Grant as well as scholarships. This is absolutely affordable because nothing is paid back. The money is FREE.
By providing simple hope, motivation and the tools to succeed in an educational environment, EOC may be able to help you identify your career interests and abilities and show you how to use your strengths to achieve your goals. Through EOC services, more than 3200 Oklahomans each year learn firsthand that hard work and determination can be the change agents to help move them forward in life.
EOC serves youth and adults who:
- are first generation college students (neither parent completed a four-year college degree)
- meet the federal low income guidelines
- are veterans
- have disabilities
- other underserved populations include foster care individuals, single parents, those residing in a prison, those involved with community sentencing, those participating in court-ordered drug treatment programs and the unemployed
If you meet these qualifications, let EOC staff support your success by helping you stay on track to your life’s goals. EOC invites you to apply and return one of the applications below. If you are under the age of 18, please be sure to have a parent sign the application as well. Please return completed applications to:
Rogers State University
Educational Opportunity Center
1701 W. Will Rogers Blvd.
Prep Hall, Room 107
Claremore, OK 74017
As a federally funded program, EOC provides the following services at no cost to qualifying participants:
- Application and enrollment assistance to any college, university or career technology center nation-wide
- Academic and financial aid advising
- Information on ABE and GED courses in your area
- Financial literacy
- Career exploration and “interest” inventory services
- Customized workshops on interviewing skills, resume writing, personal budget and much more
The EOC office is located on the Rogers State University Claremore campus. This facility and many other outreach centers serve the Tulsa metropolitan and rural areas in 27 counties: