PLC provides an environment for a select number of exceptional RSU students to foster their personal and professional development.
PLC members represent a diverse group of RSU’s most ambitious and promising students, who work closely with student groups and university administration to enhance services to students and the community
Rogers State University values our students who make significant contributions not only to our campus, but also to the communities we serve..
- Annual scholarship of $10,000 ($6,500 toward tuition; $3,500 toward housing/meals)
- Maximum of four years with continued eligibility
- Ten students selected to each freshman class
- Students may retain their financial aid packages for costs not covered by the PLC scholarship
PLC members are expected to:
- attend all regular meetings, special projects, and official gatherings of the class
- volunteer for campus service projects, be active members of student organizations, and be on-call for campus events
- attend selected RSU Alumni programs and RSU Foundation events
- attend selected high schools with recruiters
- live in on-campus student housing during his/her freshman and sophomore years
- complete a minimum of 30 semester credits per academic year
- maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.00
Selection for the President’s Leadership Class is competitive. The program is open to incoming freshman who meet the following qualifications and admissions requirements:
- Minimum High School GPA of 3.0
- Minimum ACT Composite of 21
- On-campus interview with the Honors Committee
- Admission to RSU
- Submit the PLC Application
- Deadline: February 1
- In addition, the following documents must be submitted:
- Official High School and College (if applicable) Transcripts
- ACT Scores
- Recommendation Form (pdf) (to be completed by your references)
- Mail to: Rogers State University, Attn: Dr. Jim Ford, Baird Hall, Room 101B, 1701 W. Will Rogers Blvd., Claremore, OK 74017
Guides & Tips
PLC members should use the following guides and tips when planning and promoting student activities and events.
- Promotions Guide (PDF): A step-by-step guide for promoting PLC events.
- Facebook Tips (PDF) : Steps to effectively use Facebook to promote an event and/or organization.
- Twitter Tips (PDF): Tips to help make tweets efficient and effective.
- Blogging Tips (PDF): A list of tips to make your PLC blog successful.