“Passport to Success” – a full-day orientation and enrollment seminar for new freshmen and their parents – will be held on Thursday, July 12 at Rogers State University.
The seminar, which is free of charge, will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at RSU’s Post Hall and will include lunch.
New students who have not enrolled will be able to meet with an advisor and enroll in fall classes. Students who have already enrolled may attend the event to learn more about financial aid and scholarships, living on campus, and more. Campus tours will be provided.
“This is an opportunity for students and parents to interact with RSU faculty and staff, who can serve as a support network for them,” said Karen Hudgens, director of RSU’s Student Success Center.
Sessions to be offered at the seminar will include:
- Academic Opportunities at RSU, a discussion with the deans of the university’s three academic schools.
- “Network for Success,” roundtable discussions with key campus contacts for students from areas such as financial aid, the library, career services, support services, student housing and more.
- An Overview of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, with Brett Campbell, RSU assistant vice president for student affairs.
- Sources of Support for the College Student and What Parents Can Do To Help, with Dr. Virginia Reasor, RSU assistant vice president for academic affairs – support.
- New Opportunities in Education, a discussion of online learning opportunities with Dr. Peter Williams, RSU director of distance education.
For more information or to register for the event, call (918) 343-7542.