A series of seven short plays written and directed by Rogers State University students will be presented during the RSU Theatre Program production of “Original Recipe” Thursday, Feb. 15 through Saturday, Feb. 17. Performances will be held at 7:07 p.m. at the Will Rogers Auditorium on the Claremore campus.
“Original Recipe” features seven short plays that run the gamut from the humorous to the poignant. The plays and performers include:
- “Almost Christmas” by Marcus Young with actors Tara Cox as Molly and Tama Breen as Grandma.
- “Ballad of the Three-Legged Stallion” by Alex Agnew with actors Alex Clair as David, Molly McElhannon as Bailey and Brittany Book as the Secretary.
- “December 12” by Tara Cox with actors Jennifer Stemmer as Tess, Erin Dinsmore as Stevie and Adam Thomas as Officer Vance.
- “False Freedom” by Clay Cain with actors Spencer Rolen as Prisoner 1, Dalton Nolan as Prisoner 2 and Hannah Suarez as the Guard.
- “Sleeper Hit” by Daniel Fleming with actors Garland Brinlee as Barry, Jennifer Stemmer as Sarah and Cade Thomas as Horace.
- “The Deer Man” by Nikkie Hale with actors Joseph Beard as the Deer Man and Emma Landeros as Rhi.
- “The Proposal” by Kate Pascoe with actors Jairus Bradley as Jack and Emma Landeros as Alice.
An intermission is scheduled between the fourth and fifth plays.
Admission to the theatre production is $12 for adults, $10 for seniors, and $3 for students, staff and faculty with RSU ID. All proceeds will benefit student participation in the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival regional competition.
Additional productions planned for this spring include “Texaco Morning” on March 8-10 and “Steel Magnolias” on April 5-7 and April 12-14.
For more information about the RSU Theatre Program, contact the Department of Communications at 918-343-6825.