Thirty-nine students were recently inducted into Alpha Chi, a national academic honor society that is open to all disciplines.
Membership in Alpha Chi is limited to the top 10 percent of an institution’s juniors and seniors and is by invitation only. Since 1922, its purpose has been to promote academic excellence and exemplary character among college and university students and to honor those who achieve such distinction.
Since RSU’s chapter was added in spring of 2006, more than 300 RSU students have been inducted into the society.
The new Alpha Chi members have a wide range of majors, including biology, communications, English, justice administration, nursing, organizational leadership, political science, psychology and visual arts.
Students inducted to Alpha Chi on April 27, listed alphabetically by hometown, are:
- Adair: Shanna Harrison, Madaleine Ruiz
- Bartlesville: Jeremiah James Vick
- Broken Arrow: Heather Lynn Hudson, Aubrey Nagy
- Catoosa: James R. Wilson
- Claremore: Dylan Bradley Allen, Janet Coon, Stephani Cae Freeman, Madelaina Froman, Sarah Groover, Jeremy Lee Hill, Ashlyn R. Karst, Christopher L. Keele, Laris L. Lindtner, Stephanie McGlothlin, Jadica Louise Piela, Wayne Patrick Seward, Tonya L. Smith, Lauren Stewart, Katherine Tucker
- Colcord: Emily Farris
- Collinsville: Rachael Nichole Pitts, Haley Olivia Taylor
- Dewey: Spencer Eldon Doupe, Nancy Edith Michno
- Inola: Michael David Skidmore
- Miami: Kyler Ng
- Owasso: Jamie Munroe
- Pawhuska: Kayla Loren Tyng
- Poteau: Chelsea Nicole Cauthron
- Pryor: Meghan A. Barnett, Paula M. Bohnstedt, Emily K. Due, Kayla Beth Hardin
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Frederico D.B. dos Santos
- Skiatook: Samantha May Sears, Jaysie Katherine Stowe
- Vinita: Katelyn Mixson