Establish an endowed scholarship and help make a college education reality for future students.
Although Rogers State University is more affordable than most colleges and universities, more than 80% of our students require some financial assistance. Endowed scholarships in your name – or a loved one’s name – will help students with their tuition and expenses.
Today, students and their families pay a greater portion of their college education than ever before due to declining state and federal support. As a result, many students find it more difficult to attend college and graduate with large amounts of debt.
Through a restricted financial gift to the Endowed Scholarship Program, you can help reduce the burden on these students, therefore, paving the way for their success in college – and life.
Additionally, you will have an opportunity to shape the criteria of how we select students to receive a scholarship. This may include designating a specific department or program, student classification, financial need, or other criteria that meet your specific goals.
You will have the opportunity to meet the students who will benefit from your generosity, through correspondence or in person. Many of our students and donors become lifelong friends.
Here’s how it works:
- A gift of $25,000 will establish a Named Endowment. This may be a one-time gift, or paid over a period of years.
- Your gift creates the endowment fund that remains permanently intact and is carefully managed by the RSU Foundation.
- A portion of the earnings is used to assist RSU students with tuition and fees, while another portion is re-invested to increase the principal balance of your endowment.
- Your Named Endowment continually grows over time and provides scholarships to generations of students.
- Your Named Endowment will establish a permanent legacy for you or your loved ones (or a beloved teacher or coach) at the university.