Please Note: All Purchasing resources, forms and documents are now located in MyRSU under the Finances tab.
The primary mission of the purchasing office is to facilitate the procurement of goods and services for all Rogers State University campuses on a timely and best value basis; and provide administrative direction within established standards.
Procurement refers to the overall process of acquiring a product or service. Depending on the circumstances, it may include some or all of the following:
- identifying a need
- specifying the requirements to fulfill the need
- identifying potential suppliers
- soliciting bids and proposals
- evaluating bids and proposals
- awarding contracts or purchase orders
- tracking progress and ensuring compliance
- taking delivery
- inspecting and inventorying the deliverable
- paying the supplier
The term “procurement” is most often used within governmental organizations. Governments and corporations may also refer to the more specific terms of “purchasing” or “acquisition.”