Tulsa Community College and Rogers State University are joining together to make it easier for students to earn their associate degree at one institution and then seamlessly transfer to complete their bachelor’s degree at the other.
The framework for the articulation agreements between the two institutions was signed Sept. 3 by TCC President & CEO Leigh B. Goodson and RSU President Dr. Larry Rice during a ceremony held at the Thomas K. McKeon Center for Creativity at the TCC Metro Campus.
“TCC’s mission is to provide innovative, flexible and affordable public higher education and this new partnership with RSU allows us to extend our mission throughout a student’s entire college experience,” said TCC President & CEO Leigh B. Goodson, Ph. D. “Approximately one in 10 of our students who complete their first two years at TCC and then transfer to a four-year institution, picked RSU to continue with their bachelor’s degree.”
Goodson also noted that TCC ranks 24th in the nation in the number of Associate Degrees it awards among nearly 1,100 community colleges.
As a result of the agreement, TCC students may now seamlessly transfer their associate degree to RSU and finish their education with an RSU bachelor’s degree. To start, the institutions have identified 10 associate to bachelor’s degree paths, including many unique to the Tulsa market. Academic officials at both institutions are examining other degree programs that can be included in the near future.
Degree fields included as part of this articulation agreement include accounting, biology, business administration, environmental science, health and human performance, history, nutritional science, political science, pre-professional sciences and sport management.
“We are honored to partner with TCC to expand options for their students while allowing students to stay close to home while completing their education,” Rice said. “As the only public, residential four-year university in the Tulsa metro area, RSU provides a unique value proposition in the local market. We are a short drive from Tulsa, which allows students to complete their degrees either living on campus or by commuting from Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Owasso or other nearby communities.”
Rice also noted that RSU’s tuition also was recognized last year by U.S. News and World Report as one of the nation’s top 10 lowest, in-state tuition rates.
Plentiful scholarships and financial aid packages are available at Rogers State to help students pay for their schooling, including scholarships specific to TCC transfer students. As a result of these scholarships and financial aid, more than a third of RSU’s graduates in 2013 were able to earn their bachelor’s degrees without taking a student loan.
For more information, contact TCC Call 2000 at 918-595-2000 or the RSU Office of Admissions at 918-343-7546 or [email protected].
ABOUT TULSA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
TCC is one of the most comprehensive community colleges in the United States ranking 24th in the number of graduates among nearly 1,100 community colleges nationwide. Serving nearly 28,000 students annually in credit courses, TCC is the state’s largest two-year college with four campuses in the Tulsa area. For more information on TCC, visit www.tulsacc.edu.
ABOUT ROGERS STATE UNIVERSITY
Rogers State is widely recognized for its high-quality academic programs, distance learning and high-technology learning environments, all with a personalized approach to your education. Our bachelor’s and associate degree programs include traditional programs such as biology, business administration, nursing and humanities, alongside cutting-edge degrees in emerging fields. Unique opportunities are available through the Honors Program, President’s Leadership Class, study-at-large and prestigious internship programs. RSU operates campuses in Claremore, Bartlesville and Pryor, along with its nationally recognized online program. RSU is currently expanding its student housing and remains the only public four-year, residential university in the Tulsa metro.
TCC Associate Degree → RSU Bachelor’s Degree
- Accounting → Business Administration, Accounting option
- Biology → Biology, Medical and Molecular option
- Business Administration → Business Administration, Human Resources Management option
- Business Administration → Business Administration, Management option
- Business Administration → Sport Management-Sport Business option
- Business-Marketing → Business Administration, Marketing option
- Computer Information Technology → Business Information Technology, Computer Network Administration option
- Computer Information Technology → Business Information Technology, Software Development and Multimedia option
- Computer Information Systems → Applied Technology, Applied Technology option
- Computer Information Systems → Game Development
- Health and Human Performance → Sport Management, Fitness Management option
- Journalism and Mass Communication → Communications
- Environmental Science → Biology, Environmental Conservation option
- Nutritional Science → Sport Management, Fitness Management option
- Pre-Professional Science (Veterinary Medicine) → Biology, Medical and Molecular option
- Pre-Professional Science (Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Optometry) → Biology, Medical and Molecular option