Rogers State University’s Innovation Center is hosting a series of small business workshops designed to assist area small business and entrepreneurs in developing successful enterprises.
The workshops will be presented by state and area business specialists, as well as the Innovation Center’s professional staff. The workshop schedule for the Claremore campus includes:
- Web 2.0 Training for Business and Agencies, 1 to 4 p.m., Thursday, October 2nd. Presented by Dr. Peter Abramo, Director Cameron University’s Center for Emerging Technology and Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Comprehensive QuickBooks, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday, October 7th. Presented by Wanda Estus *Registration deadline is September 30th
- Six Steps to a Winning Business Plan, 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., Thursday, October 9th. Presented by Jeri Koehler, RSU Innovation Center Business Development Specialist.
- Negotiations: Strategies for Success, 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., Thursday, October 23rd. Presented by David Mosinski, C.P.M., CPIM, consultant, professional speaker.
- Developing Your Brand, 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., Thursday, November 6th. Presented by Clay McIntosh, McIntosh Creative.
- Are You Ready for Entrepreneurship? 12 to 1 p.m., Wednesday, September 17th, and 12 p.m. to -1 p.m., Wednesday, October 22nd.
RSU established the Innovation Center to foster economic development and address the educational needs of business and industry in northeastern Oklahoma. One of the primary functions of the Center is to assist entrepreneurs who wish to start or expand their business. The professional staff of the Center provides assistance with business plans, financial planning, management, marketing, production, and workforce training. Most services are provided free of charge.
For more information go online to www.rsu.edu/innovation or to register for workshops call the RSU Innovation Center at (918) 343-7533.