Rogers State University has initiated a Staff Advisory Council to represent the university’s administrative, professional, classified and permanent part-time staff.
Twenty-one staff members were recently elected by their peers to represent university staff members for policy recommendations, communicate and share staff concerns to administration, recommend changes to university practices and provide administrative support.
The staff members were elected from throughout the university’s operations, with representatives from all three campuses, as well as each job classification or function. Pryor and Bartlesville representatives were appointed by the leadership at those campuses.
- Pryor Representative:Lisa Ramsey
- Bartlesville Representative:Frank Gage
- Service Occupations:Chris Fairchild, Connie Wall, and Paul Dunham
- Technical/Skilled: Leland Gray and Dan Kara
- Administrative Support: Kathryn Navarro, Yvonne Pace,, Donna Spencer, Mary Van Diest, Samantha Alberty, and Kay Brown
- General Professional: Candice Apt, Steven Braun, Cheryl Hakel, Ronna Hatley, and Caleb Leggett
- Management: Kevin Abbott, Susan Bedwell, and Marissa Littlefield
To be eligible for the council, members were required to be current RSU employees who have been employed on a permanent basis (50% or more) and employed by the university for at least two years. Members are elected by EEO classification through the greatest number of the total votes cast.
The group will hold its meeting on Friday to elect officers and determine its regular monthly meeting schedule moving forward. For more information visit the Staff Advisory Council.