Hillcats, You Count!
If you are an RSU student living away from home at school, you should be counted in Claremore on the census – even if you are temporarily elsewhere due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How the Census Impacts You
Census data impacts universities in the following ways:
→ Federal funding
→ Federal student loans
→ Federal research grants
→ Health and social services
→ Student wellness programs
→ Medical assistance programs
→ Campus safety and improvements
It’s your civic duty to respond.
- You can respond online, by phone, and by mail.
- The census is nine questions that takes 10 minutes to answer.
- The Census counts people where they live and sleep most of the time.
The Census counts people where they live and sleep most of the time:
- A college student who stays most of the year at a college apartment will be counted there, not at their parents’ house where they stay during college breaks.
- An American student who is living and attending college outside the United States will not be counted in the Census.
- An international student who is living and attending college in the United States will be counted at his college residence.
For more information, visit https://2020census.gov/