Program assessment is a vital part of Roger State University. The purpose of assessment for the university is to measure student learning in order to improve student academic achievement and development. The University Assessment Committee (UAC) supports assessment by guiding and evaluating an assessment process that helps to ensure quality instruction.
The assessment of student learning outcomes is a vital part of teaching and learning at Roger State University. It is important for three reasons:
- To enhance degree programs and student success.
- To provide accountability to students, parents, regents, accrediting agencies, and other stakeholders.
- To assist in the process of university and program accreditation.
The University Assessment Committee (UAC) supports assessment by guiding and evaluating an assessment process that helps to ensure quality instruction. The primary functions of the UAC are to:
- Provide feedback and support to Departments about assessment of student learning outcomes through a review of reports and processes about the assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Coordinate the assessment of general education student learning outcomes by establishing procedures and practices by which Department-based assessment findings may be connected and aggregated.
- Communicate outstanding assessment practices with faculty and the University community to highlight promising assessment models and promote faculty ownership of the assessment process.
- Advise the Office of Academic Affairs about institution-wide initiatives to assess student learning outcomes.
- Dr. David Bath
- Mr. Bryce Brimer
- Dr. Heba Eldoumi
- Dr. Jamie Graham
- Dr. Holly Kruse
- Dr. Tetyana Kyrylova
- Dr. Mary Milikin, Ex-Officio
- Dr. Matthew Oberrieder
- Dr. Lori O’Malley, Chair
- Dr. Kirk Voska
- Dr. Craig Zimmermann
Archived Minutes by Year:
- 2018-2019 (pdf)
- 2016-2017 (pdf)
- 2015-2016 (pdf)
- 2014-2015 (pdf)
- 2013-2014 (pdf)
- 2012-2013 (pdf)
- 2011-2012 (pdf)
- 2010-2011 (pdf)
- 2009-2010 (pdf)
- 2008-2009 (pdf)
- 2005-2006 (pdf)
- 2004-2005 (pdf)
- 2003-2004 (pdf)
- 2002-2003 (pdf)
- Assessment Reports – Oklahoma State Regents and Accountability & Academics
- General Education Forum Survey Results (pdf)
- ETS Proficiency Profile Analysis (pdf)
- Faculty Insights Newsletter (pdf) – RSU professors share instructional practices they believe are useful in engaging students and improving learning.
Assessment of Outcomes and General Information:
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
- Oklahoma Association of Institutional Research (OKAIR) – Oklahoma state association dedicated to institutional assessment, research, and planning.
- American Association for Higher Education & Accreditation (AAHE&A) – Archived Bulletin articles related to assessment of student learning in higher education.
Assessment of General Education:
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) – Featured events and articles relevant to general education and assessment.
- Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) – Assessment of student achievement, assessment institute, and assessment planning information from IUPUI
Assessment in the Classroom:
- Iowa State University Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching – Classroom assessment resources including teaching tips, classroom practices, curriculum planning and assessment techniques.
- Vanderbilt University – Classroom Assessment techniques examples.
Assessment of Service Learning:
- Oklahoma Campus Compact – Supports the civic purpose of higher education that includes developing students as citizens.
- National Campus Compact
National and International Networks:
- University of Kentucky Assessment List – A worldwide community of faculty researchers and administrators interested in assessment. Subscribe by sending mail to [email protected] with a message of ASSESS Your Name.