- The Library Committee, which includes selected faculty and staff members, provides significant input concerning library collections and services.
- Suggestions or requests for items can be made to committee members or Alan Lawless, Library Director.
Books & Other Materials
- The library core collection occupies the second and third floors of the building.
- Holdings include: 77,000 books; 225 periodical subscriptions; 5,200 CDs & videos; 1,300 CDs.
- Library has access to: 40,046 electronic books; 66 electronic databases.
- New Books & Materials
- Faculty members may check out more materials and renew them multiple times, since they may be using the materials as part of their courses.
- Faculty may keep up to 100 books, 20 compact discs, 25 DVDs, 20 audiotapes, and 50 videotapes.
- Books are checked out to faculty for 120 days and audiovisual materials for 60 days.
- Faculty are encouraged to return materials by the end of the semester.
- Adjunct faculty checkout privileges are the same as staff (see below). Their patron record expires at the end of each semester.
- Staff and adjunct faculty are limited to no more than 30 books, eight compact discs, eight DVDs, eight audiotapes, or eight videotapes.
- Books, audio books, and compact discs are checked out to staff for 21 days, and videotapes and DVDs are checked out for seven days.
- Search Catalog
The library has access to 60 databases and 422 periodical publications in print, electronic, or microfiche format.
- Subject-specific databases
- Alphabetic list of databases
- Databases by application
- Journal titles
- Public Address systems
- Video cameras
- Digital Cameras
- Video projectors
- TV/VCR units
- Computer projector
- Audiotape recorder/player
For in-house use:
- Poster maker
- Binding machine
- Video duplicator
- Copy machine for library materials
- Audio duplicators