Name: Dr. Kathy Hoppe
Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: 918-343-7703
Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Psychology & Sociology
Office: Baird Hall, Room 202
Dr. Kathy Hoppe
Dr. Hoppe is a licensed marital and family therapist with vast experience in individual, marital, group, outpatient, inpatient, residential, employee assistance programs, and medical offices.
Her areas of special interest include working with secondary traumatization, compassion fatigue, burnout, and stress. During the early part of her career, her primary focus was working with clients with eating disorders. Later she focused on working with students with disabilities and patients with terminal illnesses. She continues to have a passion for helping those who struggle with compassion fatigue and has written four books from a self-help perspective.
- LMFT-S (OK Stated Board of Behavioral Health)
- Certified Compassion Fatigue Professional (IATP)
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (IATP)
- Compassion Fatigue Educator (Green Cross Academy)
- Certified Forward-Facing Coach
- Post-graduate certification (2 year) Marriage & Family, Commission on Marriage & Family Therapy Education
- DMin, Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, OK
- MS, General Psychology, Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ
- Mdiv, Golden Gate Seminary, Mill Valley, CA
- BA, Psychology, University of North Texas, Denton, TX
2022-Present, Assistant Professor
2001, 2019-2022, Adjunct Faculty
Psychology & Sociology Department, Rogers State University, Claremore, OK
2014-2022, Senior Adjunct Faculty
Graduate Theology, Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ
1997-2006; 2021, Adjunct Faculty
Graduate Counseling & Theology, Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, OK
2013-2014, Adjunct Faculty
Graduate Counseling, Wayland Baptist University, Albuquerque, NM
2010-2012, Adjunct Faculty
Graduate Counseling, Lancaster Bible College, Lancaster, PA
2004-2006, Adjunct Faculty
Graduate Counseling, Southern Nazarene University, Tulsa, OK
- Employee Assistance Counselor, CommunityCare EAP, Tulsa, OK (2019-2022)
- Admissions Director, Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health, Tulsa, OK (2018-2019)
- Psychotherapist, Cornerstone Family Practice Center, Williamsport, PA (2009-2013)
- Director of Clinical Services, Susquehanna Valley House of Hope, Danville, PA (2007-2009)
- Counseling Coordinator, Roger State University, Claremore, OK (2005-2007)
- Adolescent Inpatient Eating Disorder Therapist, Laureate, Tulsa, OK (2004-2005)
- Private practice, Tulsa, OK (2000-2004)
- Family Resource Group, Tulsa, OK (1994-1999)
- Christian Family Institute, Tulsa, OK (1991-1994)
- Family Therapist, Rader Eating Disorder Program, Tulsa Regional Medical Center, Tulsa, OK (1989-1991)
PUBLICATIONS/PRESENTATIONS (including upcoming)
- Hoppe, K. (2022, Sep 29). Lessons from Rwanda: Forgiveness, reconciliation & hope.Zarrow Symposium, Tulsa, OK.
- Hoppe, K. (2022, Sep 9 & 16). Supervision equivalence course. Laureate Psychiatric Clinic & Hospital, Tulsa, OK.
- Hoppe, K. (2022, Jul 21). Beating burnout. Ascension Healthcare, Saint Louis, MO.
- Hoppe, K. (2022, Jul 14). Who stole my pie? Compassion fatigue. Ascension Healthcare, Saint Louis, MO.
- Hoppe, K. (2022, May). Yours, mine, & ours: Exploring clinician & client boundaries. Dayspring/Empowering Lives Counseling/Christian Association for Psychological Services, Tulsa, OK.
- Hoppe, K. (2022, May). Supervision & ethical issues in candidate burnout. Dayspring, Tulsa, OK.
- Hoppe, K. (2022). Managing stress. The Ross Group/Piedmont School District.
- Hoppe, K.(2021, Dec). Who’s on first? Reflections on a failed CISD. LifeNet, 32(4).
- Hoppe, K. (2021). Learning to dance on the ocean: Building practices for the future. Oklahoma Counseling Association Fall Conference, Wetumka, OK.
- Hoppe, J., & Hoppe, K. (2021). Drowning for Jesus: Compassion fatigue in ministry. Wipe & Stock.
- Hoppe, K. (2021). Healthy practice services: Healthcare provider wellness. Saint Francis Health System (Heart Hospital; Hospitalist Group; Muskogee Hospital).
- Hoppe, K. (2021). Negotiating difficult conversations. Goodwill Industries, Oklahoma City, OK.
- Hoppe, K., & Hoppe, J. (2020). Discovery teaching like Jesus: Engaging adult learners. Wipf & Stock.
- Hoppe, K. (2019). Compassion fatigue. Zarrow Symposium, Tulsa, OK
- Smith-Hawkins, P.,Hoppe, K., Padilla, M., & Martinez, C. (2018, Jul). Four educators walk into a bar: Universal design and professional practice at the community college [poster session], AHEAD International Conference, Albuquerque, NM.
- Hoppe, K. (2018, Jan). Faculty perspective: Tips for providing accommodations.Center for Teaching & Learning, Central New Mexico Community College, Albuquerque, NM.
- Hoppe, K. (2018, Jan). Universal design & students with disabilities: What works?Center for Teaching & Learning, Central New Mexico Community College, Albuquerque, NM.