Get Ready to Change the World at Rising Leaders Day!
April 7, 2020
9 am – 2 pm
Dr. Carolyn Taylor Center
Hosted by the Rogers State University Student Government Association (RSU SGA), this event is planned by young leaders for young leaders! Rising Leaders Day is the largest youth leadership training conference in the Tulsa-area and features outstanding, dynamic speakers that help high school students:
- Connect with like-minded peers across Green Country that are already serving as leaders on
- Learn about critical soft skills that can help in the classroom, community, and in future careers.
- Spark an interest developing effective leadership abilities now and throughout life.
Are you and your students ready to change the world? Register early!
- $20 per student
- Includes a t-shirt, conference activities, and lunch
⇒ Registration will be open soon
Advisors make the difference! Thank you for helping lead a group of students from your high
school to Rising Leaders Day! We know being a chaperone can be hectic, so we have one guiding
philosophy for the advisor experience at Rising Leaders Day: “Today is the day you can truly be the advisor and step back to see the awesome work your students are capable of.”
To help make your day easier, we have prepared the following resources for you:
- The Advisor’s Guide is your one-stop shop for everything from registration information,
emergency procedures, and general event information. It also contains our refund policy for
- The Check-In Form helps us coordinate your travel plans and ensure we have appropriate and
accessible parking available. Please complete and submit by April 1.
- Please complete the Dietary and Disability Accommodations Form to ensure every student will have a quality experience. Dietary accommodations must be submitted by April 1 to ensure sufficient meals are available.
- The Attendee and T-Shirt Size Roster will let us know final names of attendees and their t-shirt sizes. Due by April 1.
Continuing Education and Professional Development Opportunities:
Leadership development is a continuous process. As we got closer to Rising Leader Day, stay
tuned for workshops geared exclusively towards high school educators. Rogers State University
does not provide accreditation or verification for these trainings. Please coordinate with your
school district’s human resources, teacher services, or professional development office, or
your site administrator to see if there are opportunities to use these workshops towards your
professional development requirements.
Contact Us & Leadership Team
If you have specific questions, or would like to volunteer, please contact a member of our Rising Leaders Day volunteer team.
- Addison Sewell, Campus Visits and Events Coordinator
- Joy-Lin Hall, Admissions Office Director & Liaison
Student Leadership Team
- Jake Brillhart, Rising Leaders Day Co-Chair
- Trent Siever, Rising Leaders Day Co-Chair