From: NEO – A.A.S., Business Administration Technology: Hospitality Option
To: RSU – B.T., Applied Technology
What it takes to complete a degree in Applied Technology from RSU.
- You must complete at least 120 credit hours to earn your degree. Of those hours, 60 must be from a university (4 year school), 40 must be junior or senior (3000/4000) level, and half of the hours in your major must be completed through RSU.
- You must also meet English and computer proficiency requirements. This means that you must pass English Composition I and II with a “C” or better and pass the designated computer proficiency class.
- Therefore, when you transfer to RSU, you will likely need to complete around 60 more hours in order to earn your four year degree.
How do my NEO A & M classes transfer to RSU?
- Every class that you have completed at NEO will transfer to RSU. Each class will count as either general education, major, minor, or free elective credit.
- A minor is 18 hours from an academic area of your choice and it is designed to complement your major. Your advisor will help you determine your minor and the classes required to complete it.
- Free electives are extremely flexible and can be selected from any academic area. They allow you to explore your academic interests outside of your major while counting toward the 120 hours you need to graduate. Most degree programs at RSU allow for some free electives.
- Any class completed at NEO that does not count toward general education, major or minor credit will qualify as free elective credit, up to 60 hours. If you have completed more than 60 hours at the associate degree level, all courses will transfer to RSU, but only 60 hours will apply to your degree. This is because you must complete 60 hours from a four-year institution to meet state requirements for graduation with a baccalaureate degree.
|General Education Requirements: 18 Hours||Technical Support: 11 Hours|
|ENGL||1113||Freshman Composition I||ACCT||2523||Computerized Accounting|
|ENGL||1213||Freshman Composition II||BADM||1211||Basic Investment|
|American History||BADM||2113||Business Communications|
|POLS||1113||American Government||BADM||2223||Business Law|
|MIS||2103||Computer Applications||BADM||2301-3||Business Internship|
|General Education Elective||ECON*||2013||Introduction to Macroeconomics|
|Technical Program Core Requirements: 31 Hours||ECON*||2023||Introduction to Microeconomics|
|FYE||1011||Freshman Year Experience||MGMT||1133||Human Relations|
|ACCT||1103||Financial Accounting Procedures I||MGMT||1223||Small Business Management|
|BADM||2123||World of Business||MGMT||2023||Human Resources Management|
|BADM||2153||Consumer Math||MKTG||2103||Consumer Behavior|
|HRAD||1103||Introduction to Hotels, Restaurants and Tourism||STAT||2023||Elementary Statistics for Business and Economics|
|HRAD||2283||Hospitality Industry Financial Analysis|
|HRAD||2533||Hospitality Industry Technology|
*Recommend taking either ECON 2013 or ECON 2023 to satisfy the Social Behavioral Science category of the RSU general education requirements.
|General Education Requirements||Global Studies: 3 Hours*|
|Communications (3 hours):||BIOL||3104||Plants and Civilization|
|SPCH||1113||Speech Communication||ECON||3003||International Economic Issues & Policies|
|Physical Science (select from the following to equal 4 hours):||GEOG||2243||Human Geography|
|CHEM||1315||General Chemistry I||HIST||2013||Western Civilization I|
|GEOL||1014||Earth Science||HIST||2023||Western Civilization II|
|GEOL||1114||Physical Geology||HUM||3633||Comparative Religion|
|GEOL||1124||Physical Geography||LANG||1113||Foundations of World Languages|
|GEOL||1224||Historical Geography||NAMS||1143||Native Americans of North America|
|PHYS||1014||General Physical Science||PHIL||1313||Values and Ethics|
|PHYS||1114||General Physics I||POLS||3053||International Relations|
|Biological Science (select from the following to equal 4 hours):||SOC||3213||Minority Groups|
|BIOL||1114||General Biology||SPAN||1113||Beginning Spanish I|
|BIOL||1134||General Environmental Biology||Program Core Courses: 37 hours**|
|BIOL||1144||General Cellular Biology||BADM||3913||Communication Skills for Managers and Professionals|
|Mathematics (3 hours):||CS||3213||Multimedia Development|
|MATH||1503||Mathematics for Critical Thinking||MGMT||3013||Principles of Management|
|MATH||1513||College Algebra||MGMT||3303||Organizational Behavior|
|MATH||1613||Trigonometry||MKTG||3113||Principles of Marketing|
|MATH||1715||Pre-Calculus||TECH||3013||Leadership and Decision-Making Skills|
|MATH||2264||Analytic Geometry and Calculus I||TECH||3023||Emerging Technologies|
|Humanities (6 hours):||TECH||3203||Introduction to Risk Management|
|ART||1113||Art Appreciation||TECH||4003||Business Data Communications Systems|
|COMM||2413||Theatre Appreciation||TECH||4013||Computer and Telecommunications Applications for Managers and Professionals|
|ENGL||2613||Introduction to Literature||TECH||4113||Government Regulations of Business|
|HUM||2113||Humanities I||TECH||4504||Practicum and Capstone Experience|
|PHIL||1113||Introduction to Philosophy|
*Three upper-division liberal arts and science credits are required for graduation. This requirement may be met by taking a 3000 level course in the Global Studies.
**If a lower-level course is substituted for an upper-level program core course, an additional upper-level course must be taken from ACCT, BADM, ECO, MGMT, MKTG, or TECH.
Total hours at NEO = 60
Total hours at RSU = 60
Total hours = 120