|From NEO||To RSU|
|A.A.S., Business Administration Technology: Entrepreneurship Option||B.T. in Applied Technology|
What it takes to complete a degree in Applied Technology from RSU.
- You must complete at least 120 credit hours to earn your degree. Of those hours, 60 must be from a university (4 year school), 40 must be junior or senior (3000/4000) level, and half of the hours in your major must be completed through RSU.
- You must also meet English and computer proficiency requirements. This means that you must pass English Composition I and II with a “C” or better and pass the designated computer proficiency class.
- Therefore, when you transfer to RSU, you will likely need to complete around 60 more hours in order to earn your four year degree.
How do my NEO A & M classes transfer to RSU?
- Every class that you have completed at NEO will transfer to RSU. Each class will count as either general education, major, minor, or free elective credit.
- A minor is 18 hours from an academic area of your choice and it is designed to complement your major. Your advisor will help you determine your minor and the classes required to complete it.
- Free electives are extremely flexible and can be selected from any academic area. They allow you to explore your academic interests outside of your major while counting toward the 120 hours you need to graduate. Most degree programs at RSU allow for some free electives.
- Any class completed at NEO that does not count toward general education, major or minor credit will qualify as free elective credit, up to 60 hours. If you have completed more than 60 hours at the associate degree level, all courses will transfer to RSU, but only 60 hours will apply to your degree. This is because you must complete 60 hours from a four-year institution to meet state requirements for graduation with a baccalaureate degree.
|General Education Requirements: 18 Hours||Technical Support: 14 Hours|
|ENGL||1113||Freshman Composition I||BADM||1211||Basic Investment|
|ENGL||1213||Freshman Composition II||BADM||2113||Business Communications|
|American History||BADM||2223||Business Law|
|POLS||1113||American Government||ECON*||2013||Introduction to Macroeconomics|
|MIS||2103||Computer Applications||ECON*||2023||Introduction to Microeconomics|
|General Education Elective||FIN||2123||Personal Finance|
|Technical Program Core Requirements: 28 Hours||MGMT||1133||Human Relations|
|FYE||1011||Freshman Year Experience||MGMT||2023||Human Resources Management|
|ACCT||1103||Financial Accounting Procedures I||MGMT||2213||Principles of Management|
|ACCT||1103||Financial Accounting Procedures II||MGMT||2223||Advertising|
|BADM||2123||World of Business||STAT||2023||Elementary Statistics for Business and Economics|
|MGMT||1133||Human Relations -OR-|
|MGMT||2023||Human Resources Management|
|MGMT||1223||Small Business Management|
*Recommend taking either ECON 2013 or ECON 2023 to satisfy the Social Behavioral Science category of the RSU general education requirements.
|General Education Requirements||Global Studies: 3 Hours*|
|Communications (3 hours):||BIOL||3104||Plants and Civilization|
|SPCH||1113||Speech Communication||ECON||3003||International Economic Issues & Policies|
|Physical Science (select from the following to equal 4 hours):||GEOG||2243||Human Geography|
|CHEM||1315||General Chemistry I||HIST||2013||Western Civilization I|
|GEOL||1014||Earth Science||HIST||2023||Western Civilization II|
|GEOL||1114||Physical Geology||HUM||3633||Comparative Religion|
|GEOL||1124||Physical Geography||LANG||1113||Foundations of World Languages|
|GEOL||1224||Historical Geography||NAMS||1143||Native Americans of North America|
|PHYS||1014||General Physical Science||PHIL||1313||Values and Ethics|
|PHYS||1114||General Physics I||POLS||3053||International Relations|
|Biological Science (select from the following to equal 4 hours):||SOC||3213||Minority Groups|
|BIOL||1114||General Biology||SPAN||1113||Beginning Spanish I|
|BIOL||1134||General Environmental Biology||Program Core Courses: 37 hours**|
|BIOL||1144||General Cellular Biology||BADM||3113||Business Communications|
|Mathematics (3 hours):||BADM||3323||Legal Environment of Business|
|MATH||1503||Mathematics for Critical Thinking||CS||3213||Multimedia Development|
|MATH||1513||College Algebra||MGMT||3013||Principles of Management|
|MATH||1715||Pre-Calculus||MGMT||3423||Management Information Systems|
|MATH||2264||Analytic Geometry and Calculus I||MKTG||3113||Principles of Marketing|
|Humanities (6 hours):||TECH||3013||Leadership and Decision-Making Skills|
|ART||1113||Art Appreciation||TECH||3023||Emerging Technologies|
|COMM||2413||Theatre Appreciation||TECH||3203||Introduction to Risk Management|
|ENGL||2613||Introduction to Literature||TECH||4003||Business Data Communications Systems|
|HUM||2113||Humanities I||TECH||4504||Practicum and Capstone Experience|
|PHIL||1113||Introduction to Philosophy|
*Three upper-division liberal arts and science credits are required for graduation. This requirement may be met by taking a 3000 level course in the Global Studies.
**If a lower-level course is substituted for an upper-level program core course, an additional upper-level course must be taken from ACCT, BADM, ECO, MGMT, MKTG, or TECH.
Total hours at NEO = 60
Total hours at RSU = 60
Total hours = 120