Standards for Program Articulation Agreements
In accordance with the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education System wide Associate to Baccalaureate Articulation Matrix Project, Northeastern Oklahoma College A & M will adhere to the following guidelines* in the establishment, publication, and promotion of Associate in Arts and Sciences degree programs to Baccalaureate degree program articulation agreements.
- Programs listed must be associate degree programs that articulate to baccalaureate degree programs in the same or a similar field.
- All courses within the associate degree program are accepted at the receiving institution and apply to the student’s baccalaureate degree program provided the student completes the course work in the specified time frame.
- Students transferring from an associate degree program will be able to complete the baccalaureate degree program in the same number of hours as required for a native student, provided the student follows the sequence of both the associate degree program and the baccalaureate degree program.
- At least 60 hours (excluding zero level classes and physical education classes) are required at the baccalaureate degree-granting institution.
- An approved agreement between the institutions guarantees that students will be able to transfer if they meet the conditions of the agreement.
- The requirements of the student, the sending institution, and the receiving institution are outlined in the agreement.
- The number of hours required to complete the associate degree program and the baccalaureate degree program are listed in the agreement.
- The agreement will be reviewed annually and updated as needed in consultation with both institutions.
Additional Graduation Requirements at RSU:
- Students must complete 40 hours of 3000/4000 level course work
- At least one-half of the hours required in the major must be from RSU
- At least one-half of the upper division credit hours in the major must be earned at RSU
- At least 15 of the last 30 hours applied toward the degree must be completed at RSU
- Students must complete 30 credit hours in residence at Rogers State University
- Students must have an overall grade point average of 2.0
- Students must complete 60 hours at a baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Students must demonstrate computer proficiency
Program Articulation Agreement
Northeastern Oklahoma A & M College and Rogers State University:
Rogers State University (RSU) and Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College (NEO), accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, mutually enter into this articulation agreement to provide students with the educational opportunity to complete an Associate in Science Degree in Business Administration at Northeastern Oklahoma A & M College, which will serve as the first two years of a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Management Option degree at Rogers State University.
This agreement will be subject to the following provisions:
- The student shall have graduated from Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College with an Associate in Science Degree in Business Administration with a total of sixty-three (63) credit hours (excluding physical education activity courses). A maximum of sixty-four (64) semester hours from a community college may be used to meet the minimum requirements for a baccalaureate degree.
- Provided the student follows the sequence of both the associate degree program and the baccalaureate degree program, the student transferring from an Associate in Science Degree in Business Administration at NEO to a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Management Option at RSU will be able to complete the baccalaureate degree program in one hundred twenty-four credit hours (124), the same number of hours as required for a native student.
- The student shall earn a minimum of sixty (60) semester hours at Rogers State University, excluding physical education activity courses, of which forty (40) semester hours must be in 3000/4000 level courses for a minimum of one hundred twenty-four (124) semester hours for the baccalaureate degree.
- The core curriculum for the associate in arts/science degree at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College and other courses outlined in the following pages will be accepted as satisfying the general education and computer proficiency requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Management Option at Rogers State University.
- The student shall have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (an average grade of “C” or better) at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College.
- NEO and RSU will cooperatively develop transfer guides and degree plans for each student who successfully completes the Associate in Science in Business Administration program to progress from the associate degree to the baccalaureate degree.
- Each institution is committed to providing a seamless education path for the students in the Business Administration program and to enhancing this partnership.
- Each institution will consult the other institution when considering curriculum changes which will impact this articulation agreement.
The student shall submit a joint application to Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College and Rogers State University. The student must submit an official copy of the NEO transcripts to Rogers State University once NEO courses have been completed. The Director of Admissions will formally notify the student of his/her admission status to Rogers State University.
Upon formal approval of this articulation agreement by the appropriate officials of the two institutions, each is free to publicize the terms herein. This agreement shall remain in effect until one or all of the institutions deem it necessary to modify or terminate the agreement.
*As approved by the OSRHE Council on Instruction in November, 2004 and the President’s AAC in December 2004.