AeroCamp Summer Academy is:
- a 3 day commuter camp
- for students going into 6th-8th grade
- FREE and includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks
Check-in: 8:30-9:00 am
9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Mid America Campus
AeroCamp Summer Academy aligns with MidAmerica Delivers’ existing Aeronautics and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) initiative, Level 2, which engages mid-high and junior high students.
Camp participants will design, build and fly rockets and drones in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Model Rockets – design, build, fly
- Drones – create and build using light soldering techniques and 3D printer
Under the guidance of expert math and science instructors, camp participants will:
- delve into laws of flight and motion
- apply math concepts through construction and in-flight processes
- develop fine motor skills and computer skills
- learn the importance of safety and teamwork in the workplace
- experience benefits of teamwork to work environment and project success
Special thanks to Google for making AeroCamp Summer Academy possible through the use of an Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) grant and to Google Volunteers for their hands-on assistance during the camp.
Registration is closed for the 2018 camp.