|• Certificate Plan 20-21 (pdf)|
Certificate in Career, Technology & Education
Rogers State University’s Certificate in Career, Technology & Education (CTE) certificate prepares learners to enter this workforce with additional technology and in-demand soft skills.
The CTE Certificate is embedded in RSU’s Bachelor of Technology Applied Technology, as such all credits earned as part of the CTE Certificate transfer into the bachelor and associate should a learner wish to return to RSU to further their education.
Additionally, once the CTE Certificate is conferred by RSU, students will receive preferential hiring status by MidAmerica Industrial Park (MAIP) industry Eligible Educational and Training Provider (EELP).
Why Choose this Certificate?
The CTE certificate is designed to meet educational and career goals in business principles, skilled trades, applied sciences, and modern technologies. These careers are some of the most difficult to fill in the United States with recent Department of Labor (DOL) data citing more than 1 million jobs open in these sectors and 315,000 jobs open in manufacturing.
Middle-skills employment that require education and training beyond high school but less than a bachelor’s degree are a significant part of overall economic growth. The Labor Department estimates that of the 55 million job openings created by 2020, 30 percent will require some college or a two-year associate degree.
The Certificate in Career, Technology, & Education from Rogers State University is designed for those who want additional technology, soft-skills, and internships prior to entering workforce without enrolling in a college degree plan.
- Designed for high school sophomores about to enter their junior year.
- Most internships during senior year are paid.
- MidAmerica Industrial Park has generously provided$15,000 annually in scholarships for this program, making it free to all concurrently enrolled students.
- Jobs at the MidAmerica Industrial Park pay a living wage to graduates with this certificate.
- Admission to RSU as either a concurrently enrolled or traditional student.
- Interview and acceptance by at least one (1) designated MAIP EELP.
- 18 years of age before or at start of IT 2500 Cooperative Education in Information Technology and/or TECH 2090 Field Internship.
- Must complete 21 credit hours with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Complete program of study within two (2) years of acceptance.
- Fall Semester I
- CS 1113 Microcomputer Applications (Basic Computer Proficiency)
- ENGL 1113 Composition I (Fundamental Communication Skills – Written and Verbal)
- Spring Semester I
- BADM 3113 Business Communications (Soft Skills)
- TECH 3013 Leadership and Decision-Making Skills (Critical Thinking)
- Fall Semester II
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Cert. via RSUworks (General Safety)
- TECH 2060 Special Projects (Advanced work place skills related to a learner’s career goals)
- Spring Semester II
- MGMT 3013 Principles of Management (Business and Ethics Principles)
- TECH 2090 Field Internship or IT 2500 Cooperative Education in Information Tech (Internship)