Traditional BSN Program Application
Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (Traditional BSN)
The Traditional BSN program prepares students to become entry-level registered nurses. Students learn to provide quality patient care using safe, effective communication and strong clinical reasoning to promote health and prevent disease across a wide variety of settings.
RSU’s innovative nursing faculty are dedicated to excellence in the teaching and learning process. Faculty partner with students to gain the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to become nursing leaders.
Approved by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education in 2016, the first class of Traditional BSN students will graduate in May of 2021.
The Oklahoma Board of Nursing has granted provisional approval to start this 4-year bachelor’s degree in nursing. The program is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Traditional BSN Nursing Program Admissions Requirements
- Accepted to Rogers State University (Apply for RSU Admission)
- Reading Score of: ACT Reading 19 or Nelson Deny 13
- All academic deficiencies cleared, including Computer Science. Computer Science may be achieved through Advanced Standing or successfully passing CS 1113 Microcomputer Applications with a grade of “C” or better.
- Required GPA of a 2.5 in all required prerequisite coursework, and no less than a grade of “C” in any prerequisite nursing course. All prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the Spring semester in which application is submitted.
- Admission to Program is competitive. Applications accepted November 1- February 1. Applicants are notified of acceptance/non-acceptance later in spring semester. The Program begins each fall.