The Bridge Entry Program is still available. Apply here to the Bridge Program.
- Nursing Degree Plan 18-19 (pdf)
- Student Handbook 18-19 (pdf)
- Prospective Students (pdf)
- Program Description (pdf)
- Estimated Costs (pdf)
- Course of Study (pdf)
- Oklahoma Board of Nursing Statements (pdf)
Associate in Applied Science in Nursing
The Associate in Applied Science in Nursing degree leads to registered nurse licensure. This rigorous five-semester program introduces the student to the Nursing profession through classroom, laboratory and clinical learning experiences. Some students may choose to complete the associate degree followed by the RN to BS/N degree within four academic years. This academic pathway is designed for the full-time student only. Graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination to become a Registered Nurse.
Option: Bridge NREMT-Paramedic/LPN to RN
The Bridge Option facilitates the transition from NREMT-Paramedic/LPN to RN. Paramedics and Licensed Practical Nurses can choose a degree option which allows qualified students to bypass the first year of clinical nursing courses. The program is designed to provide a solid foundation, training and experience that meets all recognized national and state accreditation guidelines. Students are required to pass equivalency nursing examinations for advanced standing.
The application period for the RSU Nursing Program runs from November 1 through February 1.
- Associate Degree Program: Students who want to enter the traditional two year RN program and who are not already licensed paramedics or LPNs.
- Bridge Option: Students with a paramedic or LPN license or whose program is in progress and will be licensed by July 1.
- Re-Admit: Students who have previously exited any nursing program, including LPN, Diploma, ADN, Bridge, or BSN, from which you did not graduate in the last 10 years.