- Degree Plan 18-19 (pdf)
- BSN Flyer 17-18 (pdf)
- Estimated Costs 17-18 (pdf)
- Courses Checklist 17-18 (pdf)
- Oklahoma Board of Nursing Statements (pdf)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing BSN (Traditional)
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a traditional nursing degree and is designed to prepare an entry-level practitioner. The program was approved by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education in 2016 and the first class of nursing students is scheduled to graduate in May of 2021. The Oklahoma Board of Nursing has granted provisional approval to start a 4-year bachelor degree in nursing and the program will seek national accreditation. Admission is competitive.
As innovative faculty dedicated to the excellence of the Rogers State University nursing program, the essential goal is to produce professionals who demonstrate safe patient practice while applying clinical reasoning to health promotion and disease prevention. We believe that our students must be ethically and morally responsible for their actions while collaborating and using professional communication within the healthcare environment. We believe that our students will effectively and efficiently use information management and technology to aid in quality improvement of patient care and integration of healthcare policies affecting current healthcare systems. From our leadership in these areas, we will prepare our practice from a lens of cultural competence for the advancement of individuals, communities, healthcare systems, and ultimately to promote the profession of nursing.
- Accepted to Rogers State University
- Reading Score of: ACT Reading 19 or Nelson Deny 13
- All academic deficiencies cleared, including Computer Science. Computer Science may be achieved through Advanced Standing or successfully passing CS 1113 Microcomputer Applications with a grade of “C” or better.
- Required GPA of a 2.5 in all required prerequisite coursework, and no less than a grade of “C” in any prerequisite nursing course. All prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the Spring semester in which application is submitted.
The application period for the RSU Nursing Program runs from November 1 through February 1.