- Degree Plan 18-19 (pdf)
- Student Handbook 18-19 (pdf)
- Program Description (pdf)
- Estimated Costs (pdf)
- Courses Checklist (pdf)
- Oklahoma Board of Nursing Statements (pdf)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing BSN (Traditional)
The BSN Nursing degree is a traditional nursing degree that will prepare students as entry-level practitioners. Students learn to effectively and efficiently use information management and technology to aid in quality patient care as well as the integration of healthcare policies affecting current healthcare systems.
Students must be ethically and morally responsible for their actions while collaborating and using professional communication within the healthcare environment.
As innovative faculty dedicated to the excellence of the Rogers State University nursing program, the essential goal is to produce professionals who demonstrate safe patient practice while applying clinical reasoning to health promotion and disease prevention.
From our leadership in these areas, we will prepare our practice from a lens of cultural competence for the advancement of individuals, communities, healthcare systems, and ultimately to promote the profession of nursing.
Approved by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education in 2016, the first class of nursing students is scheduled to graduate in May of 2021. The Oklahoma Board of Nursing has granted provisional approval to start a 4-year bachelor degree in nursing and the program will seek national accreditation. Admission is competitive.
BSN Nursing Program Prerequisites
- Accepted to Rogers State University
- Reading Score of: ACT Reading 19 or Nelson Deny 13
- All academic deficiencies cleared, including Computer Science. Computer Science may be achieved through Advanced Standing or successfully passing CS 1113 Microcomputer Applications with a grade of “C” or better.
- Required GPA of a 2.5 in all required prerequisite coursework, and no less than a grade of “C” in any prerequisite nursing course. All prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the Spring semester in which application is submitted.
BSN Nursing Program Application
The application period for the RSU Nursing Program runs from November 1 – February 1.