Health Sciences graduates are in demand in today’s complex health care workforce and are well-prepared to enter graduate programs for advanced degrees. Our graduates are employed in the private and public health care industry. Our registered nurses enjoy careers at regional health systems, local hospitals and clinics, school nursing positions, military facilities, and in many other organizations that allow bachelor’s prepared nurses to make an impact on the lives of patients and families.
Allied Health pre-professional majors gain the knowledge required to obtain admission to graduate programs in Athletic Training, Physical Therapy, and Occupational Therapy. Building on a solid foundation of baccalaureate education, our graduates are well-suited to make a difference in the lives of patients through employment in rehabilitation facilities, school systems, athletic programs, clinics and hospitals.
- Nursing faculty bring a collective total of more than 130 years of experience in the field to the classroom.
- The Health Sciences department offers several lab environments to give students skillful training for residential environments, hospital beds, isolated acute care, and high fidelity simulation.
- RSU’s health sciences programs are some of the most rigorous in the region, producing graduates that are in high demand.
The Department of Health Sciences is one of ten academic departments at Rogers State University and supports the mission of Rogers State University. The department mission is to prepare students to achieve personal and professional goals and to educate safe and competent beginning practitioners of selected health fields. The department also prepares students majoring in other fields with health courses to support their degrees.
The faculty is committed to excellence in teaching and student service. Learning is best accomplished by providing students with accurate and reliable information, opportunities for individualized learning experiences, and guidance and direction through supportive services. The teacher-learner relationship is enhanced when accountabilities and expected outcomes are clear. Students are supported and guided by the faculty to become active participants in learning in order to achieve professional and personal goals. The Health Sciences faculty believes that scientific reasoning and critical thinking are reflected as clinical judgment.
The purpose of the RSU Health Sciences Department is to:
- Provide bachelor’s degrees and educational opportunities for students, both traditional and non-traditional.
- Provide opportunities for students to demonstrate competence in written and oral communications, scientific reasoning, and critical thinking, which emphasizes qualitative as well as quantitative skills.
- Promote and encourage a positive academic climate with students, community, faculty, and staff for instruction and communication.