Upon completion of the Sport Management degree students will be prepared to work in the sport industry including positions in:
- intercollegiate athletics
- professional sport teams and leagues
- youth sports and recreation
- sport marketing and management firms
- sport facility and event management
- golf course management
- fitness facilities
- sport tourism
Students are educated for careers as administrators and managers in athletic, health, and country clubs, as well as entry-level management positions in college and professional athletic organizations.
Additionally, students are prepared for diverse roles in the areas of:
- sport marketing and promotions,
- facility management and planning,
- activity programming and event management.
According to studies completed at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, the sports industry ranks as the 11th largest in the United States with annual revenues estimated at $375 billion.