- RSU hosts several student and professional art shows each year in The Gary Moeller Gallery of the Arts. Many shows are juried, and all shows are open to the public.
- The Summer Art Program in Italy provides students with the opportunity to study the art, architecture and history of Italy. Students also make their own art and confer with well-known international artists about their progress.
- The department provides students with a variety of art-making spaces, including two 2-D studios, two photography labs, a photo studio, two graphics labs, a three-dimensional art lab and studio/classroom, and a ceramics studio.
- Graduates of the Fine Arts program continue to be placed in graduate school programs to pursue their Master of Arts or Master of Fine Arts Degree.
- Fine arts faculty participate in art shows, performances and festivals that relate to their disciplines. Faculty members also conduct research, write articles and lead professional presentations in the region, across the country and around the world.
Department of Fine Arts Goals
The mission of the Department of Fine Arts is to promote and encourage student success in various artistic and scholarly endeavors. To achieve this mission the department will:
- Foster and encourage creativity, critical and creative thinking, and problem solving.
- Stress independent thinking and competence in art theory and research through practical application.
- Foster values of scholarship, creativity, appreciation of diversity, and community among our faculty, staff, and students.
- Offer innovative and quality teaching within the classroom and the studio.