- Small class sizes offer students personalized instruction. Theory courses are capped at 25 students, and most production courses are capped at 15.
- Students work with real-world clients in public relations strategies, internships, corporate media production and senior capstone.
- RSU’s broadcast faculty have thirty years of experience in the commercial television industry.
- RSU’s Theatre Program includes original plays written and/or directed by students, as well as expert direction by our theatre director and other faculty volunteers.
- Practical part-time employment is available for top students in radio operations, television and theatre production.
Department of Communications Goals
- Foster the skills of critical thinking, writing, research, and oral communication among our students.
- Serve the University and the community through the provision of quality general education courses that prepare students for their adult roles as citizens and carriers of culture.
- Offer innovative programs and quality teaching within the classroom and through distance education.
- Facilitate the formation of a group of scholars consisting of faculty and students that meets outside of course/credit settings.
- Encourage faculty scholarship.
- Provide traditional and nontraditional students a quality baccalaureate degree in communications.
- Foster the values of scholarship, creativity, appreciation of diversity, and community service among our faculty, staff, and students.
- Recruit and retain high quality students, both traditional and nontraditional.