“Students choose our program because of our outstanding balance of real-world production with a liberal arts education. Our graduates go straight to work with companies in the surrounding area that need effective communicators and producers, including several in the Tulsa television market.”
More About Mr. Rosser
The Department of Communications at Rogers State University explores the role of information in our lives, including the technology required to deliver it.
A communications degree helps prepare students to be better communicators in an increasingly information-driven world.
- Small class sizes offer students personalized instruction. Theory courses are capped at 25 students, and most production courses are capped at 15.
- Students work with real-world clients in public relations strategies, internships, corporate media production and senior capstone.
- RSU’s broadcast faculty have thirty years of experience in the commercial television industry.
- RSU’s Theatre Program includes original plays written and/or directed by students, as well as expert direction by our theatre director and other faculty volunteers.
- Practical part-time employment is available for top students in radio operations, television and theatre production.
Department of Communications Goals
- Foster the skills of critical thinking, writing, research, and oral communication among our students.
- Serve the University and the community through the provision of quality general education courses that prepare students for their adult roles as citizens and carriers of culture.
- Offer innovative programs and quality teaching within the classroom and through distance education.
- Facilitate the formation of a group of scholars consisting of faculty and students that meets outside of course/credit settings.
- Encourage faculty scholarship.
- Provide traditional and nontraditional students a quality baccalaureate degree in communications.
- Foster the values of scholarship, creativity, appreciation of diversity, and community service among our faculty, staff, and students.
- Recruit and retain high quality students, both traditional and nontraditional.