Rogers State University’s 2020 virtual commencement ceremony has been scheduled for Saturday, May 16, 2020. This will be RSU’s first virtual commencement, and the ceremony will be available at www.rsu.edu/commencement.
To honor the accomplishments of more than 600 graduates in the Class of 2020, the virtual commencement will be the first celebration in recognizing our graduates. Although the University understands some graduates and their friends and families may not have the opportunity to return to campus after graduation, it has also committed to an in-person commencement celebration when city, state, and federal public health guidelines allow. Possible dates and activities for an in-person ceremony are currently being explored, and details will be forthcoming as more information about the spread of COVID0-19 becomes known.
The commencement ceremony on May 16, informed by graduate feedback, will involve some traditional ceremonial components including:
- A Commencement address by Regent Natalie Shirley
- Conferral of degrees for undergraduates in both associate and baccalaureate degree programs
- Conferral of degrees for graduates of the MBA program
- Opportunity to purchase graduation regalia or provide photo with text message
- Provide video clip through snapchat lens with virtual cap, gown, and tassel
As President Rice has expressed, we are very proud of our Class of 2020. Commencement marks a significant milestone in the lives of our graduates, and this class has shown remarkable resilience. We want to honor our graduates in every way possible.
Graduates are encouraged to share photos of their in-home celebrations on social media using the @rogersstateu and/or https://www.facebook.com/RogersStateU/
Dr. Richard Beck