What to Expect When You’re Expecting to Graduate
Associates and Certificates ceremony begin promptly at 10:00 a.m. Be parked, dressed in your cap and gown, and inside the Expo Center no later than 9:20 a.m.
Bachelor’s and Master’s ceremony begin 1:00 p.m. Be parked, dressed in your cap and gown, and inside the Expo Center no later than 12:20 p.m.
Please leave all valuables and cell phones with your family or friends.
Stoles, cords and pins are to be worn in accordance with RSU policy. If you have an item not on the list, please contact Brian Street in Student Affairs (918-343-7755) [email protected] before May 1st to secure approval.
- Follow signage and Commencement Staff directions down the left corridor to the graduate gathering area.
- Fill out your WHITE Commencement Name Card, with pronunciation, if necessary.
- Fill out your YELLOW photo card.
- Please write legibly on both.
- Commencement Staff will help you line up with your School.
- Faculty Marshals will lead you to your seats.
- Sit down making sure to fill the row. Don’t skip seats.
- Faculty Marshals will guide you to line up and prepare to cross the stage.
- Give the Staff Member your YELLOW CARD and proceed up the ramp.
- At the first podium, hand your WHITE CARD to Dr. Foley, who will announce your name.
- Proceed across the stage to receive your diploma, shake hands with President Rice, and pause to have your photo taken by our professional photographer.
- Proceed across the stage to shake hands with the VP for Academic Affairs and your Dean.
- Depart the stage, go down the ramps, and follow the lanes to have another photograph taken
- Return to your seat and sit down.
End of Ceremony
- The Platform Party and Faculty will lead the recessional.
- Then Faculty Marshals will lead you down the aisle and out of the building, starting with the front row.
- Please remain at your seats until the Faculty Marshals signal you.
- Please ask your family and guests to remain in place until all graduates have exited.
Regalia & Dress Code
Please wear business attire, no jeans. Bear in mind that you will spend a lot of time standing or walking, but please no flip flops, sandals or sneakers.
- Bachelor Degree – Black Cap and Gown
- Associate Degree/Certificates – Silver Cap and Gown
- Summa Cum Laude – Blue Stole
- Magna Cum Laude – Red Stole
- Cum Laude – White Stole
- Undergraduates – Red Tassel
- Master’s Candidates – Drab Tassel
- Stoles, cords and pins are to be worn in accordance with RSU policy
Commencement photos will be taken during the ceremony at the Claremore Expo Center by Candid Color Photography.
- View photos at: www.candidcolorphotography.com
- Portraits will be available to order online 24 hours after the event
- Portraits will be available for 5 years
- Choose from dozens of products and mix & match packages
Diplomas are typically mailed to graduates within 8-10 weeks of the commencement ceremony. To ensure you receive your diploma, make sure all holds have been cleared from your account. Holds may be for transcripts, immunizations, bursar, library, etc. If you do not receive your diploma by the end of the 10-week period, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 918-343-7552.
Fall & Summer Graduates
Students who complete their graduation requirements at the end of the previous summer or fall semester are invited to participate in the May commencement ceremony. Those who are within nine hours of graduation at the end of spring and have enrolled in the needed courses in the summer are also invited to participate in May commencement. Once all graduation requirements have been fulfilled by fall and summer degree candidates, the transcripts will be updated to include the degree conferred. Within 8-10 weeks, students should receive a diploma in the mail. Diplomas will indicate the actual date of degree completion.