Calendar Year 2018 Employee Benefits
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I remain enrolled in HealthChoice, Global Health or Aetna for health coverage?
A: No, the OU Board of Regents approved only the plans previously announced as options for RSU employees in 2018.

Q: How do I know if my doctor accepts Cigna insurance?
A: Call your doctor’s office and ask them. There is also a Cigna provider website that is updated on a regular basis, and the link to that site will be provided.

Q: What if my doctor is not listed as a Cigna provider?
A: Cigna has a process to add new doctors to their network. You will be provided a contact to refer your doctor’s office to in order to start the process of adding them to the Cigna network.

Q: How long do I have to decide if I want to take RSU benefit coverage or turn in a Waiver and proof of other insurance?
A: All election forms must be submitted to Human Resources by November 17.

Q: I do not want RSU health coverage. Can I just have the benefit amount put in my paycheck each month?
A: Yes, RSU will add $545.14, the premium amount for Cigna PPO Employee Only coverage in your paycheck each month if you sign and return the waiver along with a copy of your alternative insurance card by November 17.

Q: I submitted a Waiver and copy of my insurance card last year. Do I have to do it again?
A: Yes, both the waiver and proof of alternative coverage is due by November 17, or you will automatically be enrolled in Cigna PPO (Employee Only) health coverage effective January 1, 2018.

Q: I have a Health Savings Account already established at either RCB Bank or BancFirst.  Can I continue to use that account?
A: Yes.  Employees currently enrolled in the HealthChoice HDHP Plan may enroll in the Cigna HDHP Plan and contributions to the associated Health Savings Account may continue to be directed to either your existing RCBBank or BancFirst HSA account.

Q: If I elect the Cigna HDHP Plan, how do I contribute to a HSA account?
A: New or continuing elections for the Cigna HDHP Plan require a minimum contribution to an HSA account.  For new enrollments, an HSA enrollment form is available from the RSU Payroll office for either an RCBBank or BancFirst account.

Q: If I am currently participating in the HealthChoice HDHP plan, must I declare the amount I wish to contribute to my HSA account for calendar year 2018.
A: Yes. New declarations of monthly contributions to your HSA account must be made for calendar year 2018.  A minimum of $500 per year (or $41.66 per month) for employee only or $1,000 per year (or $83.33 per month) for employee plus dependent must be contributed to an HSA account.  Additional contributions are permitted, subject to IRS limitations.