In 2013 Rogers State University adopted Quality Matters for higher education standards of online and blended courses. QM is a strategic program that provides training, reviews, and standards for quality course design.
Quality Matters is known globally as the premier quality assurance program. The Rogers State University Distance Education Committee created and finalized what is known as the “RSU Quality Initiative“. The proposal was approved by both the Faculty Senate and Academic Council in the spring 2016.
Rogers State University joined the statewide subscription in 2013 and since then have certified the following number of faculty in each category:
- Master Course Reviewers – 2
- Peer Review Certifications – 6
- Applying the Quality Matters Rubric – 41
- Improving Your Online Course – 70
- Applying the Quality Matters Rubric Facilitator – 2
- Improving Your Online Course Facilitator – 1
The institution will begin conducting course reviews in the spring of 2017. Courses that meet the 85% rule according to the QM 5th edition Rubric will carry the RSU Quality Initiative logo.
The RSU Quality Initiative objectives are:
- Design and implement a quality assurance program specific to instructional design models using the Quality Matters Higher Education Rubric, fifth edition, 2014. The program must be implemented in a manner that is timely, efficient, and affordable.
- Improve and support RSU learner success and retention by designing and adopting an effective online learning program keeping research-based best practice s in mind.
- Reorganize and restructure the Center for Teaching and Learning to support the RSU online learning program.
- Position RSU as a true leader in quality online learning. This includes strategic design of marketing communications materials such as a RSU Quality Initiative seal for courses that pass RSU’s auality assurance review.
National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)
Rogers State University has been approved by the state of Oklahoma to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.