The Rogers State University Center for Teaching and Learning delivers faculty training through enhanced multimedia, workshops, online classes, face-to-face classroom, and web conferencing in the areas of Tools of Engagement, Best Practices in Accessibility, and Quality Design.
Faculty training is comprehensive, flexible, and responsive to demanding schedules in the following ways:
- New Faculty Orientation
- Lunch and Learn
- Active Engagement Tools
- Developing Online Course
- Improving Your Online Course – QM
- Applying the QM Rubric – QM
- eLearning Online Faculty Course Levels I, 2, and 3
- Custom Training
- Custom Group Training
- Professional Development
Check the Training Schedule for upcoming training times.
The center engages faculty in transformative learning through collegiality, collaboration, and proven research models. Programs of instruction support faculty in the design of engaging student-centered online and blended courses.
The center provides professional workshops on how to apply innovative teaching techniques that follow research proven models and accommodate excellence in education as well as research.
It is our goal to:
- Provide professional development opportunities to ensure constructive and active learning environments
- Leverage the experience and wisdom of faculty leaders to promote teaching excellence
- Identify, develop and sustain enterprise level instructional technology systems
- Collaborate with campus constituents to assess programs, tools, and services that support their teaching and learning needs
- Promote a culture of initiatives and campus-wide innovative excellence in teaching